best pair of figure skate boots | Golden Skate

best pair of figure skate boots

IHands

Spectator
Am In search for the best pair of figure skate boots for myself. Having had Jackson elite boots for under two years. i'm in hopes of finding a pair of boots that will have a solid fit and be able to take me into double jumps holding up to the many ice hours I use them. There must be a stronger boot out there. Any ideas?

mskater93

Record Breaker
It really depends on the shape of your feet what would be best. I highly recommend you take a trip to a reputable boot fitter who carries all brands and see what works best for your feet. I love Harlick, some love SP Teri, others Klingbiel, Reidell, Jackson, GAM, etc. I know you probably think this is a cop out answer, but it's really not because each skater is different and a good boot fitter goes along way.

IHands

Spectator
Skates

Thank you for the input. I would like to get another pair of Jackson boots because I like the way they fit yet am hesitant because I am wanting a solid skate boot that will have a bit more life to it.

The shop I go to thinks Jackson are the right choice I am just wanting to get other opinions.
Thanx again

Kypma

Final Flight
IHands -- you noted in your first post that you're currently in Jackson Elites. Jackson also has the Elite Plus and the Elite Supreme -- have you tried those? I'm currently in the Elite Plus, working on single Axel and beginning doubles (I'm 19), and so far they're holding up very well. My previous Competitors had lasted me 2 years, and they weren't even broken down when I switched (they stretched a little and didn't have enough support for doubles).

IHands

Spectator
Thank you so much I shall look into this. My feet seem to fit Jackson boots best. Ilike like the idea of custom boots yet all the ones I have checked out are too heavy. Thanks again

vlaurend

Final Flight
If the boots you have fit your feet just fine, you do not need to get customs. Just get the same size Jackson boots in a stiffer model. Typically, stiffer = higher price + heavier.