Thread: Alex Shibutani

Custom Title

Alex Shibutani

I was looking at the Shibutani's profile on wikipedia and it says that Alex was voted as the sexiest man by the figure skating community. I know that wikipedia is not a reliable source and can be edited by anyone but can someone confirm this? He is very handsome, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shibutani

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I have heard of several of the skaters editing each other's wikis before. It is probably a prank.

Custom Title
    sexiest boy maybe, lol.

cute as a button, imho!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    cute as a button, imho!
    True, very very cute, but to young to be sexy, for sure! Who or what was polled for this?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    True, very very cute, but to young to be sexy, for sure! Who or what was polled for this?

I know! How old were the respondents! I suppose Chan came in second? My goodness-male skaters with sex appeal. That's a short list in my book. Well, I should say in singles. There are definitely sexy men in pairs. I don't think there was a sexier guy than Ingo Steuer, the german pair skater. I think of sexy as Sergei Grinkov. But then I'm not 14. Well, he's a cute little thing, isn't he?

I would give odds that this story was planted by Alex's roommates at the University of Michigan. That would be Charlie White, Evan Bates and Trevor Young.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I have heard of several of the skaters editing each other's wikis before. It is probably a prank.
    Gee, I never knew people could edit Wikipedia. That explains that quickly disappearing post about Morozov. Very damaging prank that was.

Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    Gee, I never knew people could edit Wikipedia. That explains that quickly disappearing post about Morozov. Very damaging prank that was.
    that's why wiki is never used as a reliable source and most schools/universities will not allow students to reference it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    All of wiki is created by the general community. You too could find a stub and create a real entry, not just add something to an existing entry. However, if you do not have link sources that check out, a warning will appear at the top of the page that the entry is not properly sourced. If your language is substandard, there will be a warning at the top that says that, too. If wiki gets too many complaints that your entry is inaccurate, there will be a warning about that at the top of the page.

Basically, the wiki site just functions as a teacher, whipping people's entries into shape.