Alex Shibutani | Golden Skate

Alex Shibutani

koheikun90

On the Ice
I was looking at the Shibutani's profile on wikipedia and it says that Alex was voted as the sexiest man by the figure skating community. I know that wikipedia is not a reliable source and can be edited by anyone but can someone confirm this? He is very handsome, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shibutani

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have heard of several of the skaters editing each other's wikis before. It is probably a prank.

princess9

On the Ice
True, very very cute, but to young to be sexy, for sure! Who or what was polled for this?

I know! How old were the respondents! I suppose Chan came in second? My goodness-male skaters with sex appeal. That's a short list in my book. Well, I should say in singles. There are definitely sexy men in pairs. I don't think there was a sexier guy than Ingo Steuer, the german pair skater. I think of sexy as Sergei Grinkov. But then I'm not 14. Well, he's a cute little thing, isn't he?

I would give odds that this story was planted by Alex's roommates at the University of Michigan. That would be Charlie White, Evan Bates and Trevor Young. :laugh:

princess9

On the Ice
I have heard of several of the skaters editing each other's wikis before. It is probably a prank.

Gee, I never knew people could edit Wikipedia. That explains that quickly disappearing post about Morozov. Very damaging prank that was.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Gee, I never knew people could edit Wikipedia. That explains that quickly disappearing post about Morozov. Very damaging prank that was.

that's why wiki is never used as a reliable source and most schools/universities will not allow students to reference it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All of wiki is created by the general community. You too could find a stub and create a real entry, not just add something to an existing entry. However, if you do not have link sources that check out, a warning will appear at the top of the page that the entry is not properly sourced. If your language is substandard, there will be a warning at the top that says that, too. If wiki gets too many complaints that your entry is inaccurate, there will be a warning about that at the top of the page.

Basically, the wiki site just functions as a teacher, whipping people's entries into shape.