So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching? | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Loving the auditions so far, mainly because Mary has not been one of the judges!

Can't wait for this show to start up in earnest!

heyang

Record Breaker
Damn it - session timed out after typing in my reply and didn't keep my post.

Mary is not judging this year - she's taking a break and wants to do more choreography. Mia Micheals will be permanent judge this season with Nigel and Adam.

There will only be a top 10 this year. One elimination per week. Each week, the remaining dancers will be paired with a returning all-star to perform in the all-star's specialty. All-Stars are season 4's Twitch - hip hop, Comfort - hip hop, Courtney Galiano - contemporary, Mark Kanemura -contemporary, season 3's Anya - ballroom, Lauren - contemporary, Neil -contemporary, Dominic - hip hop and Pasha - ballroom, season 2's Allyson Holker - contemporary, Ade - contemporary from season 5 and Kathryn - contemporary from season 6. Here are their bio's http://www.fox.com/dance/bios/all-stars/stephen-twitch-boss/

I know that Allyson stopped dancing for a while to give birth to a little boy - I think he's at least 3 yrs old by now. The others have appeared in various shows (i.e. GLEE, one of my favorite shows) or gone on tour as concert dancers.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Damn it - session timed out after typing in my reply and didn't keep my post.

Mary is not judging this year - she's taking a break and wants to do more choreography. Mia Micheals will be permanent judge this season with Nigel and Adam.

There will only be a top 10 this year. One elimination per week. Each week, the remaining dancers will be paired with a returning all-star to perform in the all-star's specialty. All-Stars are season 4's Twitch - hip hop, Comfort - hip hop, Courtney Galiano - contemporary, Mark Kanemura -contemporary, season 3's Anya - ballroom, Lauren - contemporary, Neil -contemporary, Dominic - hip hop and Pasha - ballroom, season 2's Allyson Holker - contemporary, Ade - contemporary from season 5 and Kathryn - contemporary from season 6. Here are their bio's http://www.fox.com/dance/bios/all-stars/stephen-twitch-boss/

I know that Allyson stopped dancing for a while to give birth to a little boy - I think he's at least 3 yrs old by now. The others have appeared in various shows (i.e. GLEE, one of my favorite shows) or gone on tour as concert dancers.

wow! thanks for the info!!!! I am SO HAPPY that Mary is not on the show as a judge this year! I just couldn't STAND her.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, alot of contemporary dancers.........well, I guess this isn't DWTS after all! 42

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Heyang, you always have the best info. Yay!!! No Mary...Dee & Toni doing the happy dance.

heyang

Record Breaker
Thanks Heyang, you always have the best info. Yay!!! No Mary...Dee & Toni doing the happy dance.

You're welcome.

Mary only annoyed me when she got screechy and loud. She actually had good advice when she wasn't yelling and I enjoyed how moved she could become by certain performances - the ones that would make her quiet and contemplative.

Personally, I'd prefer at least one rotating judge, instead of 3 permanent judges. I miss some of the viewpoints of dancers/choreographers like Lil' C and Tabitha/Napolean. Then again, I won't miss judges like Toni Basil and Ellen.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're welcome.
Personally, I'd prefer at least one rotating judge, instead of 3 permanent judges. I miss some of the viewpoints of dancers/choreographers like Lil' C and Tabitha/Napolean.

I loved Lil' C, I thought he gave the most honest feedback.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mary only annoyed me when she got screechy and loud. She actually had good advice when she wasn't yelling and I enjoyed how moved she could become by certain performances - the ones that would make her quiet and contemplative.

yes but as seasons went she got more loud and screetchy just BECAUSE that was "who she was" that was her "signature thing" that hot tomale crap. That she would scream in Nigel's ear was over the top and immature and stupid and brought down the show. The dancers all got great feedback from other expert judges, her expertise won't really be missed.

My aunt wouldn't watch last season because of Mary, and she loves the show.

as for judges - I like most of the guys. Shane Sparks is one of my favorites as a choreographer and a judge! :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I loved Lil' C, I thought he gave the most honest feedback.

I enjoyed his use of vocabulary. LOL

I'm guessing that he's too busy with The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers to be a regular with SYTYCD. I'm sure Harry SHum Jr's role on Glee is helping with the promotion of LXD, especially since they were the opening act on part of the Glee Tour.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG he made Lil'C cry.

What was his name???

Maybe it's the same guy with the injured leg. Talk about glorious!!!! Anybody know why he wasn't picked this year??? I was sooooo disappointed that he wasn't...so was he. Just found his name ....Anthony. Why weren't we given an explanation.

I loved watching the Lauren Froderman, her moves are so big

I didn't like them traveling to tell them if they were going to be on the show. For some reason I have a real hard time liking Nigel...so his traveling all over was a waste of time for me.

Also what's with picking 6 guys???

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Glad to see that Alex & Billy were chosen after they were all but promised spots last year if they tried out again. The auditions, IMO, were over-loaded with contemporary dancers this season so must have been very difficult deciding who stays & who doesn't.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am very happy with the ones that were picked. If they were going to pick 6 guys, then they should have picked 6 gals as well. I don't buy the blubbering the judges do.........just goes to show you what good actors they are. Can't wait to see the returning contestants paired up with the newbies............should be awesome.........42

heyang

Record Breaker
What was his name???

Maybe it's the same guy with the injured leg. Talk about glorious!!!! Anybody know why he wasn't picked this year??? I was sooooo disappointed that he wasn't...so was he. Just found his name ....Anthony. Why weren't we given an explanation.

I loved watching the Lauren Froderman, her moves are so big

I didn't like them traveling to tell them if they were going to be on the show. For some reason I have a real hard time liking Nigel...so his traveling all over was a waste of time for me.

Also what's with picking 6 guys???

Can't remember the kid's name, but he was the one from the tiny farm town.

I couldn't believe that Anthony Burrell wasn't picked based upon the feedback they were giving him - maybe they had concerns about his injury?? I hope he's back next year and makes it to the show.

I didn't like the travelling, especially Nigel's exxaagerated trip. I did appreciate the dancers having their families right there to celebrate or commiserate.

Billy Bell and Alex Wong were pretty much guaranteed a trip to Vegas, but they were never guaranteed a spot in the competition - based upon feedback shown on both guys, they weren't locks for spots. That wouldn't be fair to the other dancers who may be raising the bar from their previous seasons. There have been many dancers who have made it to Vegas several times before making the top 20 - Katee Sheen, tapper Bianca, Brandon, the other tap guy who's younger brother made the show 1st, Pauline, etc. Others have been to Vegas multiple times and still haven't made the cut.

From what Adam said, they chose 6 guys because they were really split for the 5th guys spot. The probably didn't feel as strongly about the 6th girl.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sadly I missed tonights show, what did they do? I saw the very end of last night's episode.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sadly I missed tonights show, what did they do? I saw the very end of last night's episode.

Toni, I didn't see it either but I did tape. What I did see was Pasha dancing.....he looks better than ever... then he took his shirt off and WOW!!!! Was he dancing with anyone????

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love the new look of the program, much better than last year. Love, love, love, the addition of the All Stars.........double one's viewing pleasure............42