Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

I am very happy with the ones that were picked. If they were going to pick 6 guys, then they should have picked 6 gals as well. I don't buy the blubbering the judges do.........just goes to show you what good actors they are. Can't wait to see the returning contestants paired up with the newbies............should be awesome.........42

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    What was his name???

Maybe it's the same guy with the injured leg. Talk about glorious!!!! Anybody know why he wasn't picked this year??? I was sooooo disappointed that he wasn't...so was he. Just found his name ....Anthony. Why weren't we given an explanation.

I loved watching the Lauren Froderman, her moves are so big

I didn't like them traveling to tell them if they were going to be on the show. For some reason I have a real hard time liking Nigel...so his traveling all over was a waste of time for me.

Also what's with picking 6 guys???
    Can't remember the kid's name, but he was the one from the tiny farm town.

I couldn't believe that Anthony Burrell wasn't picked based upon the feedback they were giving him - maybe they had concerns about his injury?? I hope he's back next year and makes it to the show.

I didn't like the travelling, especially Nigel's exxaagerated trip. I did appreciate the dancers having their families right there to celebrate or commiserate.

Billy Bell and Alex Wong were pretty much guaranteed a trip to Vegas, but they were never guaranteed a spot in the competition - based upon feedback shown on both guys, they weren't locks for spots. That wouldn't be fair to the other dancers who may be raising the bar from their previous seasons. There have been many dancers who have made it to Vegas several times before making the top 20 - Katee Sheen, tapper Bianca, Brandon, the other tap guy who's younger brother made the show 1st, Pauline, etc. Others have been to Vegas multiple times and still haven't made the cut.

From what Adam said, they chose 6 guys because they were really split for the 5th guys spot. The probably didn't feel as strongly about the 6th girl.

sadly I missed tonights show, what did they do? I saw the very end of last night's episode.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    sadly I missed tonights show, what did they do? I saw the very end of last night's episode.
    Toni, I didn't see it either but I did tape. What I did see was Pasha dancing.....he looks better than ever... then he took his shirt off and WOW!!!! Was he dancing with anyone????

I love the new look of the program, much better than last year. Love, love, love, the addition of the All Stars.........double one's viewing pleasure............42

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    It was similar to last year's pre-competiton show. They had all the competitor's peform numbers in their genre as choreo'd by the Mia, NapTab, Tyce, Travis Wall and other judges from the tryouts.

The all-stars also appeared. I tend to agree with Entertainment Weekly. They should've had the all-stars perform only in the opening # and then just left the top 10 for the remainder of the #'s. In some cases, the camera highlighted the all-stars, instead of getting us familiar with the actual Top 10.

Editing to add: BTw, I love many of the all-stars. It's just that the purpose of the show is to allow the 'voters' see the competitors in their genre at least once and to 'equal' out their air time since some competitors have had an advantage in having air time during tryouts and Vegas, while others are barely shown until 'decision time.'
    Last edited by heyang; 06-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I tend to agree with Entertainment Weekly. They should've had the all-stars perform only in the opening # and then just left the top 10 for the remainder of the #'s. In some cases, the camera highlighted the all-stars, instead of getting us familiar with the actual Top 10.
    Just watched and I agree that they should have had the 10 dance alone. I was having a hard time trying to figure out who was who, especially with the women if they had the same color hair.

It seems like Alex blew the judges away. I loved the routine too. I am not found of the set this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwu4EMQ837E

I tho't the top 4 were: Alex, Billy, Robert & Kent. Sorry girls. I think Jose is cute tho & hope he does well.

Last night it seemed like the judges were trying to justify having the all stars dancing this year or I guess it would be the format. They said having the all stars stepped up the pace...there's no learning time. To me it's more of the Dancing with the Stars format. I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

Last night it seemed like the judges were trying to justify having the all stars dancing this year or I guess it would be the format. They said having the all stars stepped up the pace...there's no learning time. To me it's more of the Dancing with the Stars format. I'm not sure whether I like it or not.
    sadly I have been working and am missing most of the shows this summer. it sounds to me like SYTYCD is feeling the pressure of ratings and are trying to be as popular as DwtS. This disappoints me as - to me - DwtS is not half as enjoyable. There's not as much versatility displayed.

I think I find the new format interesting just because not all the All Stars are better than the Newbies. I'm thinking in particular of Billy Bell & his partner (Lauren?). IMO he was miles better than she was. I'm also wondering if these All Stars were out of work & that's why they were available for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I think I find the new format interesting just because not all the All Stars are better than the Newbies. I'm thinking in particular of Billy Bell & his partner (Lauren?). IMO he was miles better than she was. I'm also wondering if these All Stars were out of work & that's why they were available for the show?
    I know some of them have been working. Lauren and Courtney (as well as Kherington and Jesse) have appeared as part of Vocal Adrenaline on Glee. Even before the show, Twitch was also teaching and choreographing at a studio in LA(?). I think their only all-star requirement was no winners and bit personality and strong dancers in their genre - I think everyone's at least top 6 in their season.

I think the point of picking all-stars is so you don't have 2 people learning a dance style that is also outside of both expertise's. i.e. a swing dancer and a break dancer learning a contemporary routine having to compete against 2 hip hop'rs doing a hip hop routine. By having at least one expert in the routine, it helps the less experienced dancer. In the case of Jose, it didnt' make a huge difference since he's a breaker doing hip hop - yes, they are different, but it's not as hard as him learning ballroom. Alex, Billy and Robert were within their expertise. Kent was probably the furthest outside of his genre.

I think Kent has a good shot at winning - he's definitely got the personality and charm to capture a lot of votes; so, if he performs well, he could be in the finals. Alex, Billy and Robert have to up the personality level; especially since they are such great dancers that they won't neccessarily show as much big improvement as some of the others.

I agree that the men appear to be the most likely finalists. None of the girls are performing as well as the 'weakest' guy and their personalities aren't coming across as big either. We'll wait and see - Jeanine , winner from 2 seasons ago, started off quiet and finished big.

Re: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Can anyone tell me what was soooooooo wrong with Jose's routine??? I mean....it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaat baaaaaaad. It seems like the judges set the one up that's going home. I'm really upset at how they made it seem like it was the worse dance in all of SYTYCA history.

Just an average girl

Re: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Can anyone tell me what was soooooooo wrong with Jose's routine??? I mean....it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaat baaaaaaad. It seems like the judges set the one up that's going home. I'm really upset at how they made it seem like it was the worse dance in all of SYTYCA history.
    I thought they were overly complimentary, because he sucked. They were excusing him for sucking. Everyone else who has done Bollywood, even the children Mollee and Nathan, tried to get the hand gestures and physical nuances of Bollywood. Jose wasn't even in the ballpark. He was entertaining, but he wasn't doing Bollywood. Anyone else would have been vilified.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast