Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Re: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

I think another girl will go tonight even tho the men were out of their element in the dances selected this week for the most part.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I think another girl will go tonight
    Which one???

even tho the men were out of their element in the dances selected this week for the most part.
    That's the point I was trying to make about Jose's dance....they all pretty much sucked. Kent is getting on my nerves with his antics...get serious or go home.....I've had it.

I agree, I think another girl will be going home. None of them are standing out with regards to dance or personality. If I had to pick a lady to save, I think I'd pick Ashley

I thought last night was so-so. Poor Billy getting Krump.

I couldn't tell if Jose's Bollywood was off or not, but it definitely wasn't on par with Joshua and Katee's (the 1st Bollywood # on SYTYCD) or any of the other's that followed.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Well I watched it a couple of times; mainly to see Alex as he is a Canadian boy (from Edmonton, Alberta). Other than that, most of the show has left me cold. I don't care for most of the choreoography. I think I have lost interest in most of these talent shows. The dancers are all starting to look the same. Oh and America's Got Talent is a real joke. I only tuned in because Howie Mandel (another Canuck) is making the show worth watching- he is funny. Most of the talent is lame. Too many of these shows.

I agree Lad. As a rule, I don't care for "circus" acts, which seems to be the case most of the time on America's Got Talent. As for SYTYCD, I like the new set-up this year with the All Stars. Several of the boys are very good and I like Lauren the best of the girls, although I am also cheering for Ashley as she's a local gal. 42

Actually, I tho't the tap dancer would be eliminated this week, not the salsa dancer. I was impressed by Christina' s routine.

Actually, I tho't the tap dancer would be eliminated this week, not the salsa dancer. I was impressed by Christina' s routine.
    I agree. I would've sent Melinda home, but apparently Mia and Adam preferred her over Christina. I do think Melinda has more presence than Christina. However, unless Melinda has an epiphany, she's probably going home next week.

The girls are not very memorable this year. IMO.

I hope Adechike has his 'moment'. I think he's the most powerful dancer of all the guys, but he hasn't been able to show an honest connection to the music and choreography. Hopefully, he'll be like Ivan from season 2 where a 'switch' gets turned on. I think Ivan's partnership with Allyson really helped bring his performance up. Also, 2 seasons ago, Janette's being Brandon's initial partner, really brought him out of his shell. This is where changing partners might be a detriment as the competitors have to get used to a new partner every week.

Lent, Jose and Robert probably have the biggest personalities thus far. I was surprised that Robert was in the bottom 3.

Ok, so Mia is totally at the bottom of my list for what she said to Melinda.

I tho't Alex & Robert were terrific last night. It's past time to send Melinda home, IMO.

I tho't Alex & Robert were terrific last night. It's past time to send Melinda home, IMO.
    I agree.

I'll say it again....Mia is on the bottom of my list for what she said to Melinda. Even if Melinda is due to go home...does that give Mia the right to say...we saved the wrong person???? OMG, I can't believe she did that. I must be crazy because no one else commented on that injustice.

For me, Alex was the best of the night. He got the swagger and hit it. The choreography was great too IMO.

I loved finally seeing Adechike smile. He definitely appeared to experience a turning point this week - hope it continues.

For me Melinda, Jose and Lauren were bottom. Melinda should go.

As for Mia, I think she didn't need to say it, but I think it was a kind of tough love. It was apparent that she had thought about it because she apologized before saying it. Of all the dancers, Melinda has not taken their notes and I think that she (and Adam, too) felt that she was failing to grow, especially as compared to some of the other contestants. Melinda, as an actress, already knew how to perform, but she hasn't been working on her dancing and the 'space' between her and the audience. To me, Mia was trying to shock Melinda into looking at herself since she definitely wasn't working to improve as much as the others. Music, dance and acting are very critical fields - you won't survive if you can't take criticism and make it constructive, regardless of how it's presented. I believe that the judges word their critiques much more kindly than most choreographers in the studio do.

Forgot to add that I doubt Jose will be in the bottom. I could see Robert back in the bottom and not sure who else will be in bottom 3.

Melinda, Robert and Billy were in the bottom.

Kind of ironic that 2 dancers who performed with Alvin Ailey's company would be in the bottom 2 so early; so, well. I think it's as Nigel or Mia said - they are already so technically perfect that it's harder to show growth, as well as needing to connect more with a different type of audience.

All 3 of them had the same problem - connecting with the audience. No surprise that Melinda was let go.

Looking forward to next week. Nigel said that each contestant will dance with an all-star that they haven't danced with before , as well as doing a 2nd routine with a fellow contestant!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast