Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skater Elaine Zayak: "Kim is the most beautiful champion."

Medalist

Skater Elaine Zayak: "Kim is the most beautiful champion."

I came across this on the net. Apologies if this is old news.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPenQ...layer_embedded

Elaine is a former world champion, and unlike Emily Frankel, she surely knows a thing or two about figure skating.
    http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/...-champion.html

Elaine shares her life as a mother and how she keeps herself involved in competitive skating.
    She gives her thoughts about the Vancouver Olympics from 1:53.

Last edited by RumbleFish; 05-31-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Bit Cheeky there RumbleFish :P Kekekeekee...

Oh yeah? Well, famous dancer Emily Frankel says Yu-na Kim is "beautiful like a movie star!"

Custom Title
    How nice to see Elaine Zayak and hear how well she's been doing. I remember when she came back and competed (1998, was it?) one more time in the Nationals, when she was almost 30, and she came in fourth even then. It's great that she's still involved in skating.

Where did she say that Asada was wonderful? All I saw was her mention of Kim. I loved what she said about Lysacek, by the way.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    How nice to see Elaine Zayak and hear how well she's been doing. I remember when she came back and competed (1998, was it?) one more time in the Nationals, when she was almost 30, and she came in fourth even then. It's great that she's still involved in skating.

Where did she say that Asada was wonderful? All I saw was her mention of Kim. I loved what she said about Lysacek, by the way.
    Sorry for the typo. I meant to say Kim.
    My sincere apologies to Ms. Zayak for misquoting her.

Elaine seems like such a charming lady.
    What I found most interesting was her saying how her outcome at 84 Olys could have been so different under CoP.
    I hope for her further success as a skating coach and happiness as a mom.
    Her and Elene G's reaction to a well skated program at the 09 Worlds was priceless.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 05-31-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Oh yeah? Well, famous dancer Emily Frankel says Yu-na Kim is "beautiful like a movie star!"
    I want to disclose that I have posted this thread from Seoul, so you won't have to look up my IP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Sorry for the typo. I meant to say Kim.
    My sincere apologies to Ms. Zayak for misquoting her.
    You should ask mods to change the title. I thought this was yet another fishy thread.

Custom Title
    Oh, my, RumbleFish. That's deliberately setting off fireworks, that is. Maybe you should do what GoPC2018 is suggesting before ubers from both sides come crawling out of the woodwork.

Custom Title
    Elaine is a former world champion, knows two about figure skating.

Are you sure Elaine Zyak is not an "elitest" just like Lulu? LuLu too is a worldchamp

Custom Title
    Ahh off season! Hey you didn't have to copy the exact lines from my thread but it's all good.

Anyway nice to see Elaine. Here '94 US Nats was great with 3loop combo in the SP I think.
    I remember her talking very nicely about Tonya Harding (whose skating I love) on Inside Edition or some show like that.

Was Elaine known to be an athletic type like Tonya? I don't know anything about her except the '94 season.

I want to disclose that I have posted this thread from Seoul, so you won't have to look up my IP.
    My posts are direct from Philadephia.
    We are famous for being the fans that dared to boo Santa Claus.

Custom Title
    Athletic? Indeed! She was the most athletic skater of her time. In fact, she did so many triples in a program, that the Committee instituted the rule forbidding repeats of triples in a program. You may have heard of it...the Zayak Rule?

Look her up. You'll enjoy what you see, especially the 84 Worlds, where she redeemed herself dramatically with a fiery long program to win a bronze, if I recall correctly. The kid was dynamite on blades.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    My posts are direct from Philadephia.
    We are famous for being the fans that dared to boo Santa Claus.
    Philadelphia... City of brotherly love.
    Is William Penn's statue still the highest monument?
    I lived in Bensalem for a couple of years, just northeast of Philly.
    I had a great time going to Eagles and Sixers games, as well as impersonating Rocky at the Art Museum.
    Eagles was in shambles while I was there, but Sixers had Moses Malone, Dr. J, and Charles Barkley at the same time.

Or is it the statue of Syvester Stallone as Rocky on the steps of the Philadelphia Museam of Art?

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/c223...e633.widec.jpg

Philadelphia... City of brotherly love.
    I lived in Bensalem for a couple of years, just northeast of Philly.
    I had a great time going to Eagles and Sixers games, as well as impersonating Rocky at the Art Museum.
    Eagles was in shambles while I was there, but Sixers had Moses Malone, Dr. J, and Charles Barkley at the same time.
    For years there was an ordinace that prohibited building anything taller than the Wm Penn statue atop the city hall in the center of the city. That was rescinded um.....15 years ago and since then some skyscrapper type buildings have sprung up west of City Hall. Most are built in the style that we see in the Lower Manhattan/financial distict of NYC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast