Skater Elaine Zayak: "Kim is the most beautiful champion." | Golden Skate

Skater Elaine Zayak: "Kim is the most beautiful champion."

RumbleFish

Rinkside
I came across this on the net. Apologies if this is old news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPenQi3Lvmo&feature=player_embedded

Elaine is a former world champion, and unlike Emily Frankel, she surely knows a thing or two about figure skating.
http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/05/elaine-zayak-catching-up-with-world-and-us-figure-skating-champion.html

Elaine shares her life as a mother and how she keeps herself involved in competitive skating.
She gives her thoughts about the Vancouver Olympics from 1:53.

:p

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Bit Cheeky there RumbleFish :p Kekekeekee...

Oh yeah? Well, famous dancer Emily Frankel says Yu-na Kim is "beautiful like a movie star!" :yes:

How nice to see Elaine Zayak and hear how well she's been doing. I remember when she came back and competed (1998, was it?) one more time in the Nationals, when she was almost 30, and she came in fourth even then. It's great that she's still involved in skating.

Where did she say that Asada was wonderful? All I saw was her mention of Kim. I loved what she said about Lysacek, by the way.

RumbleFish

Rinkside
How nice to see Elaine Zayak and hear how well she's been doing. I remember when she came back and competed (1998, was it?) one more time in the Nationals, when she was almost 30, and she came in fourth even then. It's great that she's still involved in skating.

Where did she say that Asada was wonderful? All I saw was her mention of Kim. I loved what she said about Lysacek, by the way.

Sorry for the typo. :p I meant to say Kim.
My sincere apologies to Ms. Zayak for misquoting her.

Elaine seems like such a charming lady.
What I found most interesting was her saying how her outcome at 84 Olys could have been so different under CoP.
I hope for her further success as a skating coach and happiness as a mom.
Her and Elene G's reaction to a well skated program at the 09 Worlds was priceless. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ren

On the Ice
Oh, my, RumbleFish. :eek: That's deliberately setting off fireworks, that is. Maybe you should do what GoPC2018 is suggesting before ubers from both sides come crawling out of the woodwork.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Ahh off season! Hey you didn't have to copy the exact lines from my thread but it's all good.

Anyway nice to see Elaine. Here '94 US Nats was great with 3loop combo in the SP I think.
I remember her talking very nicely about Tonya Harding (whose skating I love) on Inside Edition or some show like that.

Was Elaine known to be an athletic type like Tonya? I don't know anything about her except the '94 season.

Athletic? Indeed! She was the most athletic skater of her time. In fact, she did so many triples in a program, that the Committee instituted the rule forbidding repeats of triples in a program. You may have heard of it...the Zayak Rule?

Look her up. You'll enjoy what you see, especially the 84 Worlds, where she redeemed herself dramatically with a fiery long program to win a bronze, if I recall correctly. The kid was dynamite on blades.

RumbleFish

Rinkside
My posts are direct from Philadephia.
We are famous for being the fans that dared to boo Santa Claus. :yes: :laugh:

Philadelphia... City of brotherly love.
Is William Penn's statue still the highest monument?
I lived in Bensalem for a couple of years, just northeast of Philly.
I had a great time going to Eagles and Sixers games, as well as impersonating Rocky at the Art Museum.
Eagles was in shambles while I was there, but Sixers had Moses Malone, Dr. J, and Charles Barkley at the same time.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Philadelphia... City of brotherly love.
Is William Penn's statue still the highest monument?
I lived in Bensalem for a couple of years, just northeast of Philly.
I had a great time going to Eagles and Sixers games, as well as impersonating Rocky at the Art Museum.
Eagles was in shambles while I was there, but Sixers had Moses Malone, Dr. J, and Charles Barkley at the same time.

For years there was an ordinace that prohibited building anything taller than the Wm Penn statue atop the city hall in the center of the city. That was rescinded um.....15 years ago and since then some skyscrapper type buildings have sprung up west of City Hall. Most are built in the style that we see in the Lower Manhattan/financial distict of NYC.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Athletic? Indeed! She was the most athletic skater of her time. In fact, she did so many triples in a program, that the Committee instituted the rule forbidding repeats of triples in a program. You may have heard of it...the Zayak Rule?

Look her up. You'll enjoy what you see, especially the 84 Worlds, where she redeemed herself dramatically with a fiery long program to win a bronze, if I recall correctly. The kid was dynamite on blades.

Actually, I liked her 1980 and 1981 LP's just as well.

Her 1980 LP ( I think she is 14 here?) I love the 3 spread eagles with the 2A in the middle, not to mention the 2a3t and 2lz3t combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wV32eQCBs

Her 1981 LP from Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PzBmPYpU4

And here's oneof the reasons she had problems with some figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Eqk6PoS1M

That's a great interview. It's good to see a former champ looking so happy. (And I'm shocked at how young she still looks! Hard to believe her skating days were 20-30 years ago!! :eek:) She was the kind of skater who wins your heart and totally wows you, whether you know about her foot or not. Thanks for posting all the Zayakiana.

RumbleFish

Rinkside
For years there was an ordinace that prohibited building anything taller than the Wm Penn statue atop the city hall in the center of the city. That was rescinded um.....15 years ago and since then some skyscrapper type buildings have sprung up west of City Hall. Most are built in the style that we see in the Lower Manhattan/financial distict of NYC.

You can see that I haven't been there for a while. :eek:hwell:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
RumbleFish,

I have to say, I really love your sense of humor and satire displayed in your recent posts (not just in this thread)!!

This forum has some very articulate and intelligent users it seems - it's getting pretty addicting.

Anyway, yes of course Yuna is the most beautiful champion of all time!!

brownfox

On the Ice
Rumblefish, I just want to say this you're brave for starting this thread. I just copied this line from Rtureck. LOL.

Last edited: