Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The "please say something nice about Mao thread"

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    She is still adorable even when she is mad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    You may win on "thread value," but when it come to "threat value," I for one am more afraid of KW.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    One aspect of Mao that I love is how she loves to eat!
    Unlike other ladies skaters Mao is not afraid to have her picture taken eating a great big piece of meat or a huge ice cream cone and loving it.
    I also adore how she doesn't put a huge amount of emphasis on external things like makeup. Sure, she loves to paint her nails and pick out fashions, but I never see Mao even remotely being vain. I get the impression that Mao wants to look pretty and cute, but never really...uh..."sexy." xD I admire her for staying absolutely true to herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Unlike other ladies skaters Mao is not afraid to have her picture taken eating a great big piece of meat or a huge ice cream cone and loving it.
    I also adore how she doesn't put a huge amount of emphasis on external things like makeup. Sure, she loves to paint her nails and pick out fashions, but I never see Mao even remotely being vain. I get the impression that Mao wants to look pretty and cute, but never really...uh..."sexy." xD I admire her for staying absolutely true to herself.
    Lol, I remember a video/documentary from back in 2005-2006 where Mao was in the car eating McDonald's french fries, it was really cute and she seemed to really enjoy those fries, which is refreshing. I also like how she wears normal clothes, she has a lot of shirts with hollister, abercrombie and fitch, gilly hicks, and aeropostale logos, like a normal teenager and not some designer obsessed snob

I am always surprised about the lady skaters complaining about their diet. I suppose they eat a lot when we are not watching. I mean they are training all day and have to get input to perform

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Lol, I remember a video/documentary from back in 2005-2006 where Mao was in the car eating McDonald's french fries, it was really cute and she seemed to really enjoy those fries, which is refreshing. I also like how she wears normal clothes, she has a lot of shirts with hollister, abercrombie and fitch, gilly hicks, and aeropostale logos, like a normal teenager and not some designer obsessed snob
    Yeah, just like in a recent interveiw when she was wearing these sandals that had a cusion in the sole in the shape of a heart. The interveiwers asked her what was the whole point of her outfit and she pointed to the cusions in the sole. xD Just too, too sweet...
    I noticed that, too. She seems to really like "everyday" American brands, especially since the time she came to train in America.

Custom Title
    Yeah, just like in a recent interveiw when she was wearing these sandals that had a cusion in the sole in the shape of a heart. The interveiwers asked her what was the whole point of her outfit and she pointed to the cusions in the sole. xD Just too, too sweet...
    I noticed that, too. She seems to really like "everyday" American brands, especially since the time she came to train in America.
    It might have something to do with her being petite. I'm sure in Japan they have lots of clothes for tiny women because there are so many of them but in the US stores like abercrombie and hollister and known to have very small sizes. I also like how she doesn't wear much makeup, she's cute as is, but if she wanted to wear tons of makeup I'm sure she could look gorgeous but she's not really into that.

Custom Title
    When I saw the YouTube video about the Chobi Mao necklace, I got interested and started looking. Apparently it is a prize that can be won by buying Nepia paper products. They talk about in on Mao's fansite. They have some pictures of the necklace.

http://maoasada.logu2.com/mao-chat-f5/nepia-t525-15.htm

Custom Title
    thanks PolymerBob!
    the special movie section is wonderful

Custom Title

Mao Asada

I will say something nice about Mao. Short and sweet. I love yuna but she did not deserve the Golod as her skating was not up to Par. Mao should have won. I assume the triple axel has lost it luster now. Dont follow skating any more and this is why. Some things never change. No replys needed . Im sure Yunas fans will not see that, Love them both but fair is fair and in skating that means nothing. Hello to all as I havent been on for 2/3 yrs.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome back, cianni! Don't stay away so long next time!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7