Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    OH. MY. GOD.

Ahhhhh! This is gonna be EPIC!

*shaking and crying*

Ahaha. Just kidding.

But I REALLY AM excited!

Eeeeeeeeek!
    ITA! Now if only this time, they give us a legit number between Yu-na and Michelle :3 At IAS last year, they skated together for a bit during one of the numbers, but this time, I hope they get a whole number together :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    no, they did COI together for a few years, and a few cheesefest things, remember that Marshalls special the December before Torino when Michelle debuted Tototenaz and Sasha turned a fall on her final spin to a dying Juliet?
    Ha yes, I remember the Totentanz (a bit ) but never watched the dying spin. I'll take a look right now. Thank you!

Custom Title
    Yuna Kim
    Michelle Kwan
    Sasha Cohen
    Silvia Fontana
    Min-Jung Kwak
    Haejin Kim

Stéphane Lambiel
    Brian Joubert
    John Zimmerman

Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    Jamie Salé/David Pelletier

Tanith Belbin/Benjamin Agosto

Just wow
    I love the mutual admiration thing between Yu-na and Michelle.

Custom Title
    This is great for Korea but sad for us. Why can't Michelle do a few shows with SOI? I know the money is in Korea and it was clear the skaters love the huge extremely enthusiastic crowds. Well, I guess we'll see it on Youtube.

She did well with last years skates. I wonder where she skates in Massachusetts? She goes to grad school at Tufts. Anyone know where she skates?

Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    This is great for Korea but sad for us. Why can't Michelle do a few shows with SOI? I know the money is in Korea and it was clear the skaters love the huge extremely enthusiastic crowds. Well, I guess we'll see it on Youtube.

She did well with last years skates. I wonder where she skates in Massachusetts? She goes to grad school at Tufts. Anyone know where she skates?
    Maybe SOI is longer/she didn't get invited to it? Idk, but I'm happy that she's skating again, even if it is in S. Korea.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Maybe SOI is longer/she didn't get invited to it? Idk, but I'm happy that she's skating again, even if it is in S. Korea.
    It's hard to imagine lack of offer would ever be the reason MK doesn't skate here. If she has been preparing exhibition numbers and training at least enough to appear in a show, something tells me we can expect to see her continue to skate in the future. Perhaps she's serious about pursuing a career in professional skating and testing the water. Wishful thinking on my part

Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    Ha yes, I remember the Totentanz (a bit ) but never watched the dying spin. I'll take a look right now. Thank you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7aFu_fpoJc
    It's at about 2:48-ish. It was a very pretty dying spin. Sasha improvised well. Ahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    It's hard to imagine lack of offer would ever be the reason MK doesn't skate here. If she has been preparing exhibition numbers and training at least enough to appear in a show, something tells me we can expect to see her continue to skate in the future. Perhaps she's serious about pursuing a career in professional skating and testing the water. Wishful thinking on my part
    Perhaps. But I'm a bit glad that she's skating in S. Korea. Stars on Ice isn't televised anymore (I think.), while Yuna's show is, so we, the ones who either have no time or can't afford it, can see her performances. (:
    Last edited by aftertherain; 06-03-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    My take is that we can expect to see Michelle skate in shows now and then, but that she'll mainly focus on being diplomat/envoy/goodwill ambassador etc.

Custom Title
    That's my take too, Ren.

I think she hasn't joined Stars on Ice because that's quite a time commitment. They skate a bunch of shows and do a lot of traveling. On the other hand, the Korean show is one night only, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That's my take too, Ren.

I think she hasn't joined Stars on Ice because that's quite a time commitment. They skate a bunch of shows and do a lot of traveling. On the other hand, the Korean show is one night only, right?
    Yup.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Yeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me the dates?
    Last edited by Layfan; 06-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Can someone tell me the dates?
    July 23-25.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    no, they did COI together for a few years, and a few cheesefest things, remember that Marshalls special the December before Torino when Michelle debuted Tototenaz and Sasha turned a fall on her final spin to a dying Juliet?
    Did she really????? I always wondered about that. I thought it was planned. But everytime I watch it my heart stops and I think, "I'm glad she took that move out it looks like she's really falling!" Heh. I didn't realize it was a real fall turned into a dying Juliet. Go Sasha!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That's my take too, Ren.

Actually, three nights.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast