Kim and Kwan to headline "All That Skate Summer 2010" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim and Kwan to headline "All That Skate Summer 2010"

Wrlmy

Medalist
Maybe SOI is longer/she didn't get invited to it? Idk, but I'm happy that she's skating again, even if it is in S. Korea.

It's hard to imagine lack of offer would ever be the reason MK doesn't skate here. If she has been preparing exhibition numbers and training at least enough to appear in a show, something tells me we can expect to see her continue to skate in the future. Perhaps she's serious about pursuing a career in professional skating and testing the water. Wishful thinking on my part :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It's hard to imagine lack of offer would ever be the reason MK doesn't skate here. If she has been preparing exhibition numbers and training at least enough to appear in a show, something tells me we can expect to see her continue to skate in the future. Perhaps she's serious about pursuing a career in professional skating and testing the water. Wishful thinking on my part :)

Perhaps. But I'm a bit glad that she's skating in S. Korea. Stars on Ice isn't televised anymore (I think.), while Yuna's show is, so we, the ones who either have no time or can't afford it, can see her performances. :)

Last edited:

Ren

On the Ice

My take is that we can expect to see Michelle skate in shows now and then, but that she'll mainly focus on being diplomat/envoy/goodwill ambassador etc.

That's my take too, Ren.

I think she hasn't joined Stars on Ice because that's quite a time commitment. They skate a bunch of shows and do a lot of traveling. On the other hand, the Korean show is one night only, right?

Lilith11

On the Ice
That's my take too, Ren.

I think she hasn't joined Stars on Ice because that's quite a time commitment. They skate a bunch of shows and do a lot of traveling. On the other hand, the Korean show is one night only, right?

Yup.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me the dates?

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
no, they did COI together for a few years, and a few cheesefest things, remember that Marshalls special the December before Torino when Michelle debuted Tototenaz and Sasha turned a fall on her final spin to a dying Juliet?

Did she really????? I always wondered about that. I thought it was planned. But everytime I watch it my heart stops and I think, "I'm glad she took that move out it looks like she's really falling!" Heh. I didn't realize it was a real fall turned into a dying Juliet. Go Sasha!:love:

cosmos

On the Ice
That's my take too, Ren.

Actually, three nights.

Thanks for the correction, Cosmos.

Sigh...three nights. You mean I have to be jealous of three whole crowds of fans? Sigh.

Lilith11

On the Ice

Sigh...three nights. You mean I have to be jealous of three whole crowds of fans? Sigh.

Hey, think of this; three nights of absolutely amazing skaters from Yu-na, Michelle (the KWEEN and yes, I have to type it in caps XD), and Sasha :3 Yu-na, one of the best (and in my eyes, the best) jumpers of today w/her musicality, the Kween with her unparalled charisma, power, and edge work, and Sasha with the best extensions and positions in the biz to this day :love:

Oh I can barely wait!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
This is great for Korea but sad for us. Why can't Michelle do a few shows with SOI? I know the money is in Korea and it was clear the skaters love the huge extremely enthusiastic crowds. Well, I guess we'll see it on Youtube.

She did well with last years skates. I wonder where she skates in Massachusetts? She goes to grad school at Tufts. Anyone know where she skates?

My spies tell me that Mchelle skates at The Skating Club of Boston in Brighton, Massachusetts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren

On the Ice

I'm trying to look at the bright side. Namely, TONS of pictures (from the practices alone, if the coverage will be like the past Yu-Na ice shows), skating in HD, and generous Korean fans who will post videoclips quickly. :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Yu-na, Kwan to do another show in July
By Yi Whan-woo
Korea Times intern

Figure skating fans here will be enchanted by two queens of the ice next month, as reigning Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-na will put on an ice show with legendary Michelle Kwan in Korea.

The Vancouver Winter Games champion will perform along with Kwan, the most respected U.S. star, in "All That Skate Summer" scheduled for July 23-25 in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, near Seoul.

This is the first-ever ice show hosted by All That Sports, the agency established by Kim and her mother in May.

Click here for the rest of the article:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2010/06/136_67089.html

Basics

On the Ice
This is really exciting news~ :yay:

btw, who are the two other skaters/teams that haven't been announced yet? They must be big-names as well. :biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I figured MK thinks SOI is not a good fit? Or vice versa? They seem to be more interested in recruiting current (eligible) skaters, especially this season. Nevertheless, I always thought it was a strange omission.