Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim and Kwan to headline "All That Skate Summer 2010"

Custom Title
    Thanks for the correction, Cosmos.

Sigh...three nights. You mean I have to be jealous of three whole crowds of fans? Sigh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

Sigh...three nights. You mean I have to be jealous of three whole crowds of fans? Sigh.
    Hey, think of this; three nights of absolutely amazing skaters from Yu-na, Michelle (the KWEEN and yes, I have to type it in caps XD), and Sasha :3 Yu-na, one of the best (and in my eyes, the best) jumpers of today w/her musicality, the Kween with her unparalled charisma, power, and edge work, and Sasha with the best extensions and positions in the biz to this day

Oh I can barely wait!

Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    This is great for Korea but sad for us. Why can't Michelle do a few shows with SOI? I know the money is in Korea and it was clear the skaters love the huge extremely enthusiastic crowds. Well, I guess we'll see it on Youtube.

She did well with last years skates. I wonder where she skates in Massachusetts? She goes to grad school at Tufts. Anyone know where she skates?
    My spies tell me that Mchelle skates at The Skating Club of Boston in Brighton, Massachusetts.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-04-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: fix quote html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

I'm trying to look at the bright side. Namely, TONS of pictures (from the practices alone, if the coverage will be like the past Yu-Na ice shows), skating in HD, and generous Korean fans who will post videoclips quickly.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    http://www.gifsoup.com/view/659271/i...michelle-o.gif (Takes a second or two to load.)

I hope to see more of these moments! (:

I remember I nearly squealed when I first saw this on YouTube.

And these:
    http://www.gifsoup.com/view/659356/i...lle-kwan-o.gif
    http://www.gifsoup.com/view/659431/ias09-dancing-o.gif
    Last edited by aftertherain; 06-04-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Wow! Kwan, Cohen, and Yuna together?

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Yu-na, Kwan to do another show in July
    By Yi Whan-woo
    Korea Times intern

Figure skating fans here will be enchanted by two queens of the ice next month, as reigning Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-na will put on an ice show with legendary Michelle Kwan in Korea.

The Vancouver Winter Games champion will perform along with Kwan, the most respected U.S. star, in "All That Skate Summer" scheduled for July 23-25 in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, near Seoul.

This is the first-ever ice show hosted by All That Sports, the agency established by Kim and her mother in May.
    Click here for the rest of the article:
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...136_67089.html

Custom Title
    This is really exciting news~

btw, who are the two other skaters/teams that haven't been announced yet? They must be big-names as well.

Down With It
    I figured MK thinks SOI is not a good fit? Or vice versa? They seem to be more interested in recruiting current (eligible) skaters, especially this season. Nevertheless, I always thought it was a strange omission.

I soooo wish I could go and see this show

Custom Title
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! I know Michelle and Yuna skated together (even though it was brief) last year and to see Sasha on ice with them...it's like..intriguing! hehehe! Hopefully there will be some behind the scene videos, photos in practice and meeting the media, etc! Gotta give Yuna's new agency a lot of credit. Good start for them!

Custom Title
    Too many articles.. I just read that Samsung Electronics is planning to make this ice show the biggest in Korea. Remember FOI 2009 in April? It was held in one hall in Kintex but this time they will make two halls into one by taking down a prefabricated wall in Kintex!

All hell is going to break loose on June 20 when the tickets go on sale...

Good seats for this year's FOI sold out in minutes, and I am assuming this will go even quicker....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    All hell is going to break loose on June 20 when the tickets go on sale...

Good seats for this year's FOI sold out in minutes, and I am assuming this will go even quicker....
    It's June 23 I think!

I hope the mod can change the title to All That Skate Summer 2010.

Custom Title
    Thanks mod. Hehe. 2 new gala programs for Michelle, the same for Yuna. And is this the first time Sasha will skate in Korea? Can't wait!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast