Kim and Kwan to headline "All That Skate Summer 2010" | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kim and Kwan to headline "All That Skate Summer 2010"

brownfox

On the Ice
It was perfect for the occasion I guess. This kind of show is supposed to be for fun. You're not trying to impress the judges. LOL. Save your competitive programs, just saying. I was highly entertained.

Heck, I was even clapping my hands while watching the Barbie Girl performance in Youtube. :laugh:

Last edited:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Yu-na didn't reach the artistic bar set by the American ladies, and both Hero and Bulletproof were major letdowns for me. I wish Yu-na would stop doing dance-to-the-beat routines and show some deeper artistry and originality in these skates. Loved Sasha and Lambiel but poor Sasha looked very awkward and under-trained in all her technical elements.

And i wonder where you are from :D But regardless of your nationality, I think your sense of "artistry" is in the minority. Bulletproof was spectacular!

sigrid

On the Ice
It was very entertaining, that's for sure, and Yuna always does everything wonderfully. However, I don't think it was quite a "masterpiece".
I thought the same

Lambiel's quad was impressive, high, clean, fully-rotated... WOW

And I didn't see Jeremy comfortable with his SP, I don't get the arm movements yet. Needs a lot of practice

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
It was very entertaining, that's for sure, and Yuna always does everything wonderfully. However, I don't think it was quite a "masterpiece".

That's what Mao fans said about Yuna's 007 BOND GIRL.
Mao has only one masterpiece... Nocturne... I really liked it.

Juli®

Rinkside
Girls... (and boys!),
Jeremy Abbott... What can i say? Wow, wow, wow... Ijust love his program "Viejos Aires". It Seemed, to me, i was seeing Lambiel on the ice! I'm so excited for the next season will come soon. Why does it take so long? :( October is far, far...

Soldier of Love

Rinkside
I was blown away by Jeremy's short program! I didn't expect to ever see him move like that. Dang! Sexy! HELLO! lol

Yu-Na's Bullet Proof number?...read above...she killed it! So impressed!

Great to see Michelle on the ice again. Love her. The Primitive costume? That's *definitely* not Vera Wang. lol But MK can do no wrong in my eyes.

Let's see, what else...Oh, still can't stand the sight of Jamie Sale....after the things she said about my Johnny? Nope! ick!

Shout out Johnny Weir! Holla!

Basics

On the Ice
Yuna rocks! :rock: She can skate to any kind of music you name it. She was just breathtaking today.

I always enjoy the general atmosphere of Yuna's ice show. Skaters are awesome. Fans are awesome. And what about the fantastic surrounding digital display. Oh yeah, the main sponsor is Samsung. :laugh:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
That's what Mao fans said about Yuna's 007 BOND GIRL.
Mao has only one masterpiece... Nocturne... I really liked it.

Please don't.

Anyway, I liked Yuna's performances, but I LOVED Stephane's performances (And Jeremy's new SP, spectacular!) ! I can't seem to find Michelle's second program though. D:

Basics

On the Ice
Hm.... so people who don't think Yuna's programs are masterpieces = Mao's fans? Nice logic you got there. :sheesh:

Nope. The person who said Yuna's new gala isn't a masterpiece is indeed a hardcore Mao fan.

Mao fans, please do enjoy The Ice tomorrow. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ok, watched a few of the stuff up on YT (thanks for the links)

Kim- as expected, really. But I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed, mainly because she did too much posing and not enough actual skating. If the song calls for it, that's fine, but I felt she overdid it here.

Kwan- good to see her back on the ice. Of course, the fanboys (girls) will proclaim their unconditional love for her, but from this non-fan's perspective, I think her performances at this event last year were better.

Kim/Kwan duet- Liked this one. The two of them work well together, just like Cohen and Czisny. The song is one of my favorites, although it was chopped into pieces by the editors.

Belbin/Agosto- One of the highlights of my SOI show earlier this year- Tanith has a charisma that shines through and that I don't see in many other skaters. I hope they continue to do shows together. "IIKM" was great; "BL" was alright. (the latter suffered from major radio overplay a couple of years ago)

S/S- they were good too.

S/P- Unexpectedly liked this performance. A lot of wow moves made up for any perceived "lack of chemistry" between them, I thought. They chose the right song.

Cohen- this girl needs to step out of the box more often. Pieces like "MH" do just that I feel. Other than an awkward fall near the end, I felt it had potential (I felt she was just a bit unnatural here, maybe with more practice it will flow better). The other piece was Meh.

Singer (whatever her name is)- Thanks, but I'll pass.

that's all I saw so far, and probably all I will see, actually.

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
Nope. The person who said Yuna's new gala isn't a masterpiece is indeed a hardcore Mao fan.

Mao fans, please do enjoy The Ice tomorrow. :)

Well, you must be talking about me, and I can tell you I am not a hardcore Mao fan. I like Mao, just as much as I like Yuna, Joannie, Miki and others. However, I do admit to liking Akiko Suzuki the most, as I have stated previously.

And as miki88 has stated, just because I do not think Yuna's Bulletproof is a masterpiece, it does not mean I am a hardcore Mao fan. I think it's wonderful and entertaining, but not a masterpiece.

Please do not purport to know who I am a hardcore fan of.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Typical behavior, really. That's what happens when you have a rivalry. Oh you just HAVE to be an uberfan of Athlete A's rival if you don't think she's the best thing since sliced bread! It's just the way it goes, the way it has gone, and the way it will go until the end of time...:eek:hwell:

P.S. whatever happened to the indifferent icon? that's what I originally meant to put here.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Did anyone else notice that Michelle has some of her old form back? Last year, she was more tan and muscular, but this year, she looked a lot more like her past years. :)

OMG. Sale and Pelletier. Their rendition of 'Scream' was AMAAAAZING. So much power and energy in that. If they hadn't separated, I would've thought they were still happily married!

Act 2 was better than Act 1, IMO.

(And was that a throw 2A from Savchenko/Szolkowy during 'Gee'?)

Last edited:

parma

On the Ice
Loved Sasha and Lambiel but poor Sasha looked very awkward and under-trained in all her technical elements.

Sasha's programs were totally flat and forgettable both artistically and technically, and Sasha didn't even get close artistically and technically to Yuna. Sasha seemed so stiff and was veeery sloooooooow, struggling to create momentum for jumps. yarn.:disapp: Maybe Sasha should stop skating altogether for a while and find other careers... oh she already tried that.:rolleye: Kwan was a bit better than Sasha but still nowhere near Kim's quality in artistry, technique and speed. Kwan's programs and her performance were blend and flat. She only lit up during her spiral but wasn't enough to make an impact.

This is what you get for inspiring and forcing comparisons b/w skaters over a gala show. This was not a competition. Try to relax and just enjoy what they offer instead of pulling out your inner "U.S.A! (pause) U.S.A.!"

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LOL, you're the one who is continuing to force comparisons. Completely hypocritical of you to say "just enjoy the performances!" and then try and dissect who had better technique and artistry. It's hardly about "USA, USA" either (nobody said Cohen was better than Yu-Na in the first place). I can play this game, though, and you'll lose at it. :hb:

Kwan was a bit better than Sasha but still nowhere near Kim's quality in artistry

Try not to speak anymore, dear.

Kim was faster and she had better jumps (still messed one of them up) because she's much younger and fresh off of training competitively for Olympic Gold. Congrats?

Kwan's movements still displayed more nuance and depth. Yu-Na tried to tackle complex emotions with her Meditation for Thais and she couldn't do it. Not on the level of Kwan anyway. Sorry.

brownfox

On the Ice
This ice show is supposed to be for fun!!! Now we're heading to another debate of who's better or not.