Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand | Golden Skate

Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Oh dear, i thought it was just my computer or something. This is odd...non warning or anything. Auntie J. was snarky, and I disagreed with him often, but that blog was really fun.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh no!!

I love Aunt Joyce. Even when he's bashing my favorite skaters because it's just so funny ... kind of a guilty pleasure.

Ren

On the Ice
I think he's dealing with real life right now--work, that sort of thing. I'm under the impression that he wants to take a step back (so to speak), because he's not satisfied with some of his posts? I think he regrets the tone of a few of those.

I can't really blame him. I think things just got bigger and bigger because the second year, IIRC, of the old blog was Olympic season, and more fans discovered him, his blog, and his formspring. Especially the formspring, where anyone could ask him anything. He must have gotten so tired of the Yu-Na and Mao bots, the Johnny vs. Evan, etc., etc.

I think it's good that he's taking a break. He'll wade back in eventually. :) The latest post on the new blog is funny, though, because those of us familiar with him must know that the mere mention of Yu-Na, Sasha, and his beloved Kween ON THE SAME ICE will inevitably pull him back in. :laugh:

Last edited:

cornell08

Final Flight
Aunt Joyce had interesting videos highlighted, and kept us informed about current happenings in the skatenastics world more comprehensively than any other blogger. And no one can deny he is a good writer for all his "snark"-- remember that post on The Politics of Frank Carroll (or something like that)? All 'snark' is is something thats interesting that may have some people going 'tsk tsk'. Well, I miss it!

I miss AJICS too. Dave is a little too snarky for me but there's no denying how funny or expert he is. Reading him is a guilty pleasure but definitely a pleasure.

I don't know him or his state of mind, but his position with this blog is a conundrum. He's increasingly popular, well known and respected. He clearly works his butt off posting responses to everything under the sun that's connected to skating and gymnastics, past and present (with occasional forays into tennis and reality TV). He seems to do it all by himself - it must take up all his free time. And he's not making a penny. He needs to find a way to make what he does pay but unfortunately these are no longer well funded sports.

I hope he'll figure it out. Maybe he'll be the next Dick Button. He'd certainly be more fun to listen to than Sandra Bezic, to name one. But he'll be fighting Tara, Johnny, Paul Wiley and more for that spot.