Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pet Peeves

Custom Title
    opps

On the Ice
    Originally posted by Pookie
    It drives me crazy when someone asks a question and then doesn't care enough listen to the answer. Why bother? I'm not the most exciting person to talk to but they did ask!

You all aren't listening, are you?
    LOL!
    I agree with you though...that is SO annoying!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Suzy:

People who brake as they approach an intersection hoping the light will turn yellow so they can stop. Am I the only one who has to be somewhere at a certain time?
    One of my big driving pet peeves is people who do not yield at yellow lights - run the yellow light and red light. I almost got rear ended this morning by a driver who decided to run the yellow light just as I stopped at it. There was black ice! I quickly made a right hand turn on the corner so I would not be another ICBC statistic. I just got my car back from the autobody shop last week!

There are too many people running lights these days and causing accidents. I don't know where people got the idea that approaching an intersection does not involve caution and care. It's only good road sense.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Ladskater
    Suzy:

One of my big driving pet peeves is people who do not yield at yellow lights - run the yellow light and red light. I almost got rear ended this morning by a driver who decided to run the yellow light just as I stopped at it. There was black ice! I quickly made a right hand turn on the corner so I would not be another ICBC statistic. I just got my car back from the autobody shop last week!

There are too many people running lights these days and causing accidents. I don't know where people got the idea that approaching an intersection does not involve caution and care. It's only good road sense.
    I can understand if the light turns yellow and you slow to a stop, but why do you slow down at an intersection while the light is still green, or you slow down when the pedestrian light starts to flash a warning. No wonder you've been rear-ended.

I am a careful driver, have never got a moving violation or wreck, don't talk on the cell phone, and I look both ways while entering an intersection without s-l-o-w-i-n-g down.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    What a lovely set of annoying stuff. I agree with so many of them, particularly the one sheet toilet dispenser, set to save money, but not much use.

Also the toilet, usually in an unfamiliar airport, that has no discernable flush handle, but is not self flushing (is it not working?) I have spent 5 frantic minutes only to finally find a tiny
    eraser head size button, part way down one side of the pipe.
    If it's that small, a large sign would be appreciated.

Waitresses that call me Hun. I don't know you well enough for you to call me Honey let alone Hun. And I do not resemble an ethnic Hun either, AFAIK. What it means, as far as I can tell is Old Person. And while that is true, you can't expect me to tip you for that, can you?

Endless road construction that never is completed on time and one has to zig zag all the way to work and back or get stuck in traffic.
    Boy do I agree with this one. The road to our house has been torn up for over a year and I am so so tired of it. Then we went to FL and the same thing! A road that had been torn up a year ago when we went there, still torn up. In that case they had an excuse. They had to wait until the eagles finished nesting.

These phone solicitoring machines that call your house and wait for you to answer, hear nothing, and hang up so that they know what time to call you.

Yes, I do feel better!

dpp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3