Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Custom Title

News Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Shoe Diva
    That's sad... wishing them all the best as they navigate what sounds like a complicated situation.

Heartbreaking news...but they seem to be in the right set of mind to have a peaceful life with eachothers presence, which is hard after any break up.

Custom Title
    Hmm...I never even knew Dave was married when they met. I guess the rumors were true and one could see something seemed wrong during the broadcasting, at least the edits we saw from this team. It certainly won't be likely we'll see a tenth anniversary of Love Story. The little boy is adorable, though. I'm sure they will put him first. I'll always be a fan of their skating.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 06-04-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: please review the guidelines on rumors.

Rogue Leader
    The media never reported much about his previous marriage. I suppose it didn't make the "Love Story" seem as nice. There have been brief references to it not being a happy union, but I can't remember how much was official and how much was gossip, so I won't dredge it up here. S&P did seem "off" during their Olympic broadcasts and in a non-FS piece they did about speed skating. Hopefully things turn out as well as they can for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Antilles; 06-04-2010 at 06:35 PM.

So disappointing. :(
    Devastated for little Jesse.

Rinkside
    I was shocked and saddened what I read this news. I wish Jamie and David the best.

Michelle

Custom Title
    Oh, rats!

What? Oh no! I just hope it's not a messy divorce. =(

Very sad news. I hope the split will be as amicable as possible, under the circumstances, and for the sake of Jesse.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    My husband and I are both shocked by this news. Who knew? They really kept their private life private. It sounds as though they still plan to keep their partnership on the ice, but one wonders how? ....sad news indeed. I wonder what Kurt thinks of this....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Wow, a surprise but it makes sense now. I could tell there were weird chemistry between the two while they were commentating on CBC for the Olympics. And the shots of them had very cold chemistry but I had no idea they had been separated. Dave was first married the same year that he paired up with Jamie. His first wife was a pair skater too, just not as well known. There was such an instant connection between the Jamie and Dave on ice I don't think Dave's first young marriage had a chance when he was totally focused on skating with Jamie. Too bad, Jamie and Dave have such good chemistry on ice together. I wish them both happiness.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    My husband and I are both shocked by this news. Who knew? They really kept their private life private. It sounds as though they still plan to keep their partnership on the ice, but one wonders how? ....sad news indeed. I wonder what Kurt thinks of this....
    Why does Kurt come into this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Why does Kurt come into this picture?
    yeah, I'm a little miffed too? why stop there, what do Hamilton, Orser and half a dozen other names in skating think... or better yet, who cares?

Custom Title
    Perhaps people are referring to Kurt because he was at their wedding and is a friend of David's and skates with them a lot?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast