Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

One more Russian couple, a love match decades old: the Protopopovs.

And in the States, Jenni Meno and Todd Sand.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
melissa gregory and denis petukhov are also still going strong (and so cute together) :love:

kyla2

Final Flight
You know Tonichelle, when I tried to post this the first time I stated this was from a British newspaper and could be "Googled." A link should not have been necessary or required. It was a matter of public record and if the moderators on this board wanted it verified it was very simple to do. As for rumors, they appear on every board, all the time, including this one. They rarely cross the line, and it certainly didn't in this case either. It was a statement of fact when I posted it and also by the time this thread was started.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is courtesy to others to post the link, in any case. But here at GS, a link is always necessary. Without a link, it's just an unsourced rumor.

That's the policy here, especially for personal rumors about skaters.

Not every story you can Google is true:

If you Google JFK plus aliens, there are many entries that claim JFK was killed by space aliens, or because of a coverup of a UFO crash at Roswell.

Unfortunately, just being able to find something on Google does not prove that it is so:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/doug_jfk.htm

And the British have their tabloids, just as we do:

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2009/01/more-fake-news-from-uk-tabloids.html

Not everything in a British paper is true.

http://www.starsuckersmovie.com/how-to/

Starsuckers Guide to Making Money Selling Stories.
We spent several weeks cooking up and then selling fake celebrity stories to the British Tabloids, and we were shocked at how terrifyingly easy it was. We were offered some decent sums for this, but we couldn’t take any money it would compromise our ethics... but there is nothing to stop YOU from getting rich out of this. This simple guide will have you fleecing money out of the British Tabloids in no time.

Consequently, when it's a rumor about marital troubles or divorce, we like to see the announcement from theagents of the parties involved.

camion

On the Ice
So has this been confimed? You know as I'm writing this, I sadly just realized this is really none of our business. :( Well post break-up or divorce or any whatever the situation- I hope they remain committed parents.

Hikaru

Final Flight
can't say I'm surprised, as the rumors of a split have been going around for a looong while now (well the first time I heard of them was during the olympics). I remmember duringolympic broadcast, after the russians skated to love story, there was a camera showing S&P, and their expression was really like two people who didn't want to be there together. Hopefully they'll work out things right for their son.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Once again, unless you can back up your source DO NOT POST RUMORS ON SKATERS PERSONAL LIVES!