Great news for Canadian fans | Golden Skate

Great news for Canadian fans

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
That's great news. Thanx for the heads up. I am not Canadian but I sure do like to get coverage of events from Canada to see certain skaters because, well, ABC is a tool most of the time. Their coverage sucks! Anyway, thanx again for the news! ;)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow! Thanks for the news. That's great. Good on the CBC! Do you think there is a chance they could get Toller Cranston for a commentator? He worked on the CBC before.

rain

Record Breaker
I hope this goes through in the biggest way, though I wish they were picking up the GP events this year as well.....a little late though, I guess.

But wow am I excited! I generally really like CBC coverage of skating and am thrilled to have a Canadian broadcaster interested. I was starting to worry that I'd have to miss entire competitions entirely.....

Antilles

Medalist
Yay!!!!! As for Cranston, who knows. Underhill, Martini and Chris Cuthbert have been staples at CBC for a while.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I am in heaven -- I didn't realize this started this year! Comcast subscribers in Seattle get CBC, and I can't begin to express how happy I am that I can kiss ABC/ESPN goodbye from GPF on, except for US Nationals.

Will the Canadian Nationals be broadcast in Canada? If so, does anyone know on what network?

Lucy25

Final Flight
I am SO thrilled about this!! I get CBC where I live in Michigan and I love sports coverage on CBC, Olympic coverage is always great. They always show so may more skaters than the US stations. :love:

mike79

On the Ice
hockeyfan228 said:
I am in heaven -- I didn't realize this started this year! Comcast subscribers in Seattle get CBC, and I can't begin to express how happy I am that I can kiss ABC/ESPN goodbye from GPF on, except for US Nationals.

Will the Canadian Nationals be broadcast in Canada? If so, does anyone know on what network?

CTV is still going to broadcast Nationals this year.