Thread: High ambitions for Takahashi and Tran

News High ambitions for Takahashi and Tran

Narumi Takahashi and Mervin Tran are the second Japanese pair team to win a medal at an ISU Championships. The duo earned the silver medal at the 2010 World Junior Figure Championships in The Hague. The first Japanese pair was Yuko Kawaguchi with Russian partner Alexander Markuntsov, who achieved the same at Junior Worlds nine years ago when Kawaguchi still represented Japan.
    More

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Narumi Takahashi and Mervin Tran are the second Japanese pair team to win a medal at an ISU Championships. The duo earned the silver medal at the 2010 World Junior Figure Championships in The Hague. The first Japanese pair was Yuko Kawaguchi with Russian partner Alexander Markuntsov, who achieved the same at Junior Worlds nine years ago when Kawaguchi still represented Japan.
    More
    Wishing the best for this team! They both sound like wonderful people, and seem very focused on their goals.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    I am excited to see what the future has in store for them (^--^ ). They really love what they're doing, and every season you can see a huge improvement in them.

Thank you so much for this article!

I noticed big improvement last season and I'm curious to see how they'll do as seniors! Good luck, Narumi & Mervin!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    More
    Mervin is not Nihon-jin- he is gaijin

Banned
    They are so adoreable. I love them. I hope they have a really good career. It is unfortunate they might never be able to skate at an Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by hennagaijin View Post
    Mervin is not Nihon-jin- he is gaijin
    But he represents Japan with his partner even if he doesn't have Japanese citizenship.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 06-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.