choreo step sequence and choreo spirals | Golden Skate

choreo step sequence and choreo spirals

Ginask8s

On the Ice
1.Does anybody know what the difference is between a step seq and a choreo step sequence?

2 What is a choreo spiral and how is it different from a spiral sequence? ( does a spiral sequence even exist anymore?)

it looks like you can get more points for the regular step sequence, but i cant find out any info about spirals

mskater93

Record Breaker
Choreo step sequence is the SECOND step sequence in a junior/senior men's long program. The first one is the leveled scoring program, the second one is the choreo step sequence. The spiral sequence is being replaced with the choreo spiral sequence for Senior ladies long program.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
The choreo sequences have a set base value no matter how difficult they are I believe. This is to encourage more variety between skaters and to make the sequences more appropriate to the music.

vlaurend

Final Flight
The choreo step sequence and choreo spiral sequence both have a base value of 2.0, but can end up higher or lower after GOE. For programs with only one step sequence (ladies, etc.), a level is given for the step sequence. There are no more levels on spiral sequences, period.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Where are the rules for the spirals listed? From what I can gather, you must do two spirals and hold each for 3 seconds, or do one for 6 seconds. Is this true? Can they be on the same leg?

Also, thanks to everyone for all the excellent information.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Where are the rules for the spirals listed? From what I can gather, you must do two spirals and hold each for 3 seconds, or do one for 6 seconds. Is this true? Can they be on the same leg?

Also, thanks to everyone for all the excellent information.

ISU Communication 1611. This is subject to approval from the ISU congress, of course.

vlaurend

Final Flight
Last edited:

daisies

Rinkside
ISU Communication 1611. This is subject to approval from the ISU congress, of course.
Actually, communications aren't voted on. The only way anything in that communication will change is if the ISU puts out another communication changing it!

mskater93

Record Breaker
True, but since ISU congress is now going on, there is the chance that a coalition will try to get a new one written and approved that abolishes it.