2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

UM84

On the Ice
I think it's safe to say if Kimmie Messiner competes, she will use the programs she had planed for last year.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Excited for P&B's Charlie Chaplin. I'm lukewarm to Chan keeping Phantom. It was a good program, but he might be better with something new?

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Phew.... So far no Carmen, Rachmaniov No. 2, or Swan Lake yet!

Hope we get some interesting and newer selections this year, since I thought last year overall was a sleeper in terms of program choices.

Hoping a top skater chooses Grieg's Concerto or something. Keep me entertain!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Any predictions who will skate to Carmen this season?

My guess: Ashley Wagner and a male skater ranked between 4-12 in the world

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Phew.... So far no Carmen, Rachmaniov No. 2, or Swan Lake yet!

Hope we get some interesting and newer selections this year, since I thought last year overall was a sleeper in terms of program choices.

Hoping a top skater chooses Grieg's Concerto or something. Keep me entertain!

Guess again...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=351825&id=1817795357
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFbK-FoqTNY

^^ Both from this May. I haven't heard anything official yet but it certainly looks and sounds like Samantha Cesario will be skating a program to Carmen in the upcoming season :).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In the GS May article, it was announced that Kate Charbonneau (CAN) was keeping her Malaguena SP and using
Hymn to Love for the LP.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I recall someone over at icenetwork saying Mirai's SP was supposed to be from the soundtrack from Witches of Eastwick and that it was supposed to be amazing...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think it's safe to say if Kimmie Messiner competes, she will use the programs she had planed for last year.

She's toast with the new only two 2a per LP rule, it's the only jump she appears to be able to do right now....

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I recall someone over at icenetwork saying Mirai's SP was supposed to be from the soundtrack from Witches of Eastwick and that it was supposed to be amazing...

This sounds a little bit too much like Pirates for me. It is nice music for her, but I wanted to see her doing something diffrent, more mature. She is a International medal contendor, not a junior turned senior. Still, I am excited to see it and hope she proves me wrong like she did with Pirates.

princess9

On the Ice
Excuse the dumb question as I watched no GP events the last couple of years, but will ESPN cover all these this year or do we in US need to find live internet feed? I downgraded cable this year as I find almost nothing worth what I was paying. Dish is cheaper I realize. With renewed interest in all the disciplines, I'm wondering what to do. Thanks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Excuse the dumb question as I watched no GP events the last couple of years, but will ESPN cover all these this year or do we in US need to find live internet feed? I downgraded cable this year as I find almost nothing worth what I was paying. Dish is cheaper I realize. With renewed interest in all the disciplines, I'm wondering what to do. Thanks.

ESPN hasn't covered skating since 2007. They released the contract soon after Doug Wilson retired. NBC will no doubt show highlights from Skate America and that's it. Chances are we'll either have to catch it on Universal Sports or online (either ice network or live stream from some other country)

oleada

Record Breaker
This sounds a little bit too much like Pirates for me. It is nice music for her, but I wanted to see her doing something diffrent, more mature. She is a International medal contendor, not a junior turned senior. Still, I am excited to see it and hope she proves me wrong like she did with Pirates.

I actually really like the music from this soundtrack - if it's true, it'll be nice, it hasn't been used much.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

NBC\'s Universal Sports Channel aired the Grand Prix this year, and I\'ve heard they will do so this season, too. If Comcast buys NBC, it\'s possible that Universal Sports will be available more widely.

If US doesn\'t have it, probably ice network will.

I do have Universal Sports channel as part of my cable package, and glad of it!

There has been a move to get Dish Network to add US sports. If you have Dish, you might look into it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have Dish and I have it. It popped up right after the Olympics (go figure). Not sure if it's part of my Dish package or if it's a local channel now (it's down with the local numbers, I think it's affiliated with one of the local networks here).

princess9

On the Ice
Thanx Toni and Doris. I wish there was a "sports channel for women" where we get to vote on what gets covered. I'd choose FS, gymnastics, tennis, equestrian events and extreme sports in the winter. Lots of fluff, documentary and insider biographies on the athletes. I'd be glued to such an assortment. If only women ruled the world and especially TV broadcasting. :)
No golf allowed!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanx Toni and Doris. I wish there was a "sports channel for women" where we get to vote on what gets covered. I'd choose FS, gymnastics, tennis, equestrian events and extreme sports in the winter. Lots of fluff, documentary and insider biographies on the athletes. I'd be glued to such an assortment. If only women ruled the world and especially TV broadcasting. :)
No golf allowed!

there are quite a few women who like golf... if figure skating were truly as popular in the US as it is online, then we MIGHT be able to petition for an all figure skating network... but that's just a pipe dream (though I'd love to run it, was my plan out of high school... haven't come close to even getting close to being part of a broadcast team lol)

cornell08

Final Flight
More programs will probably be announced during interviews at Champs Camp. That said, when is it this year? Sorry, I know this is a programs thread but I've been searching for information on the camp this year and can't seem to find any.