Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 655

Thread: 2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    597

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    Yeah, but I think it was a pretty big overreation, she sounds like she cannot take even very constructive criticism, which ironically makes her seem more immature!
    Pretty sure she was just being sassy, as per usual. I mean, thats why we love her right?

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,713

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Wow I'm thrilled by Mao's choices. I remember suggesting Chopin Balade for her couple years ago, and my dream is coming true!!!
    "Goldenskate lady" is just priceless. LOL

  3. #78
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,152

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Wow, not the impression I wanted to give Mirai! I love her and hope that she realizes I only want the best for her. I think we have have to be a little careful now of what we say on this forum! Skaters are lurking!
    We shouldn't be careful at all. We should be as critical as possible. If you want to work in show biz, you better get used to it. And if you're real competitor, you'll listen to good advice and also prove naysayers wrong.
    Last edited by Blades of Passion; 06-22-2010 at 06:08 PM.

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    The first "proof" I came across was when Jenny Kirk wrote in her blog that she was a lurker at FSU. I don't remember her mentioning GS but it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume she's been here, too. I think she also pointed out that other skaters sneak a peak at the boards, but didn't mention any names.

    Nagasu also said earlier in some interview that she knew what people were saying about her at the forums around Olys time, that they were counting her out (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Mirai )
    I don't think people were counting Mirai out for the Olympic team....Caroline, yes, even Alissa maybe yes, but not Mirai. She was a bit of the underdog, but I don't think anyone doubted she could make the team. Most people on this forum are big fans of Mirai anyways. Plus, after improving at SC after having a rough go of it in China, I think people were curious about her and really started to think that she had a good shot at the Olympic team, if she could fix big issues like she did in a few weeks, in a few months I think most people thought she could maybe be back on track and kick butt. I mean, she did win the US title at age 14. Plus it's not like Caroline who's last memory before nationals was her scoring 77 in the FS at Skate Canada, things like that can throw people off, but Mirai was pretty solid at Canada.

  5. #80
    Joey Votto Fangirl KwanFan1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Posts
    781

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Sarah and Drew posted more music news in their latest blog entry. Here's the relevant music part from their entry:

    Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig have chosen "The Mask of Zorro" for their new short program. (I love this choice for them!)

    Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth will be skating to "Claire de Lune" for their short program, choreographed by Tim Murphy. Irina Romanova choreographed their long program, to "Miss Saigon."

    Jeremy Ten is keeping last year's long program to "Queen Symphony" although he says he and David Wilson have re-choreographed the entire program.

    Cindy Stewart choreographed Amanda Dobbs' new short program to "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and re-choreographed her long program, last year's "Concierto de Aranjuez." Dobbs and her pairs partner Joseph Jacobsen will be keeping last year's short program, and Renée Roca has choreographed a new long program for them, to "Bohemian Rhapsody."

    Richard Dornbush told us he will be keeping his short program, "Elena," by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. His new long program will be to music from the movie Sherlock Holmes; both programs were choreographed by Cindy Stewart.

  6. #81
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    LOVE Zorro for Amanda and Mark! All the other new music choices seme pretty good too!

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    250

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    ITA

    The only things that perhaps should be edited out are posts that are totally slanderous and based on falsehood, or aspects of the skater's private life that the skater has chosen not to reveal to the media and are unrelated to his/her career as a skater.

    For example, I would say that e.g., if a skater gets failing grades in school, if a skater has had plastic surgery, if a skater has not so reputable family background, then these are issues that can be edited out from goldenskate.

    However, if it's to do with the skaters' selection of music, costume, behavior on the ice, coaching situation, interviews s/he has given, so forth, then posters should be allowed to state their opinions.
    You're totally updated. Shocking.....Not.

    Anyway I hope Mirai should stay out from message boards. I know it's tough.

  8. #83
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by brownfox View Post
    You're totally updated. Shocking.....Not.

    Anyway I hope Mirai should stay out from message boards. I know it's tough.
    As the original intention of the particular sentence you have chosen to highlight has been given a slant by your interpretation that is not mine, and your interpretation is not, in my opinion, appropriate, I would appreciate it if you would kindly remove the sentence from your quote.

  9. #84
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,657

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    err....

    http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/16736205367

    I have to admit, I saw that comment and I had to come to this thread to find out for myself



    ___________________

    Still, one chooses to read these forums at one's own risk...JMHO


    Wow, I can't believe skaters actually read this forum. I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. But maybe Mirai has more pluck and courage than me. Anyway, Tiny, don't feel bad, I think it's cool that Mirai read what you had to say even if she didn't much like it! I wonder what Mirai thought about all the rest of the music choices we dreamed up for her, if she read that thread... If she did she should know how popular she is just by the fact that so many people picked music for her - even if we do sometimes have criticism.

  10. #85
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    rodgers and hammerstein's Carousel waltz for the Shibutanis' OD: i understand that this was probably written (and performed) in the eras stated and declared for the original dance but...will this be a similar take to the OD by Domnina/Shabalin in 2008-2009 (waltz_________ by Dmitri Shostakovitch)

    in my opinion although the music is very "old"disney-esque (aka, to me, 50s ish) it doesn't totally capture the character of the theme....such a broad time range.

    perhaps they just don't want to be cliche and use grease or something, but not negative or positive - always excited.

    and the shibutanis are also using Chaplin for their FD music

  11. #86
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,116

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    In the short dance format, there is no time frame specified. Only if the SD did not pass were we going to see dances of the 50's, 60's and 70's. . A section of the Golden Waltz is to be skated. The rest of the dance may be foxtrot, waltz or tango. Shibutanis are doing an all waltz SD (short dance), which works for me.

  12. #87
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    In the short dance format, there is no time frame specified. Only if the SD did not pass were we going to see dances of the 50's, 60's and 70's. . A section of the Golden Waltz is to be skated. The rest of the dance may be foxtrot, waltz or tango. Shibutanis are doing an all waltz SD (short dance), which works for me.
    since when did they "remove" the compulsories......where was i?!

  13. #88
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    since when did they "remove" the compulsories......where was i?!
    officially removed last week at the big ISU meeting.

    unofficially it was known prior to worlds that it would be gone after last season.

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    345

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    rodgers and hammerstein's Carousel waltz for the Shibutanis' OD: i understand that this was probably written (and performed) in the eras stated and declared for the original dance but...will this be a similar take to the OD by Domnina/Shabalin in 2008-2009 (waltz_________ by Dmitri Shostakovitch)

    in my opinion although the music is very "old"disney-esque (aka, to me, 50s ish) it doesn't totally capture the character of the theme....such a broad time range.

    perhaps they just don't want to be cliche and use grease or something, but not negative or positive - always excited.

    and the shibutanis are also using Chaplin for their FD music
    Did S/Z recycle Dean Copley's Chaplin from last year? Is it the same Chaplin that the French team P/B is doing?

  15. #90
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691

    Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post


    Wow, I can't believe skaters actually read this forum. I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. But maybe Mirai has more pluck and courage than me. Anyway, Tiny, don't feel bad, I think it's cool that Mirai read what you had to say even if she didn't much like it! I wonder what Mirai thought about all the rest of the music choices we dreamed up for her, if she read that thread... If she did she should know how popular she is just by the fact that so many people picked music for her - even if we do sometimes have criticism.
    It appears we misinterpreted her comment.

    http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/17071258177

    http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/17071316814

    So it's all good. Rail on

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •