Why the Communication 1023 now? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Why the Communication 1023 now?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes--and that has happened at Skate America with both Michelle & Sasha in the past. It left a nasty taste in the mouth of people who purchased tickets explicitly to see those skaters.

sorcerer

Final Flight
From ISU's view it might be something already fixed concrete once the assignments are published like this.

I would dare suppose that it was KSU's will to send YuNa's name "temporarily" to the GP entries and not necessarily her own will.
To me, what ISU wants to say seems to be that there shouldn't be such "temporaray" submission to GP entries in regard to seeded skaters.

Then I wonder why the assignments can't be set on a later date...

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I would dare suppose that it was KSU's will to send YuNa's name "temporarily" to the GP entries and not necessarily her own will.
To me, what ISU wants to say seems to be that there shouldn't be such "temporaray" submission to GP entries in regard to seeded skaters.

Then I wonder why the assignments can't be set on a later date...

Good point. I think putting somebody on a list early encourages them to declare they can't make it. Then the ISU can make their additions and subtractions over the next 4months.

Yes--and that has happened at Skate America with both Michelle & Sasha in the past. It left a nasty taste in the mouth of people who purchased tickets explicitly to see those skaters.

Are you sure about that? Michelle did Skate America in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002, winning seven times. In 1998, after the Olympics, she took the whole year off from ISU competition and did not do the Grand Prix at all.

In 2002 she intended to do the same thing, but when headliner Sarah Hughes withdrew from Skate America they pressed Michelle into service at the last minute. She won and by that one event qualified for the Grand Prix Final, but Cinquanta had mercy on her and didn't make her go. :laugh:

In 2003 and 2004 Michelle, nursing her deteriorating hip, did not compete in the Grand Prix. (She probably should have retired then, but that would have deprived us of her performance of Tosca at 2004 Nationals. :) )