2010-11 JGP Assignments speculation & discussion | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2010-11 JGP Assignments speculation & discussion

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Not good for Anna, but I think she can make the final without 3-3 in the SP and she still can try 3-3Lo or 2A-3Lo in the LP. And not bad for Adelina, she can do 3-3 with 3T in the end

Seems like all the Russian girls have all the triples (except Anna who doesn't have 3S; Agafonova has 3Lo, she did 3Lo-2T at Senior Nationals) and most also have 3-3 (3Lz-3T for two Polinas and Liza; 3T-3T for Biryukova and Zaseeva; and also Adelina, don't know which combo she will try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS63nie0B7E Anna does 3sal here in this competition (at 1:40, at least I think it's 3 sal, it could be 3lo maybe?) from November 2009 (i'm assuming it was a russian cup event), and it looks fine, my guess is she didn't usually include it in her LP this season because it's not that valuable a jump when you can do lutz and flip without edge calls like she can.

I don't think Adelina has ever done a 3-3 with a 3t on the end, but likely she is working on it. Anna may be working on a 3-3t combo as well, when she added the solo 3t to her LP at Junior Nationals I thought that might be the reason why, I know it's not her best jump but at Junior Nationals she landed it nicely. Also with the new rules, the value of 2lo is raised, so it's going to be worth significantly more than 2t so in the SP it might not be that big a deal if she does 3lz-2lo like last year, esp where she won't be getting edge calls on it. Also she regularly attempts and lands 3lo, even when it's UR, she usually lands it, it's one of her better jumps, so hopefully she'll be fine. Also we saw at Jr. Worlds and Junior Nationals that even without a 3-3, Anna can get huge scores just by being clean/nearly clean. The other thing is that if a lot of other girls on the JGP just do 3t-3t as their combo (I'm thinking Gao, Biryukova, Zaseeva, maybe Siraj or Baga), then the girls doing 3lz-2t or 3lz-2lo won't be at a disadvantage point wise (unless they get edge calls) as the value of those 3 combos are extremely close.

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS63nie0B7E Anna does 3sal here in this competition (at 1:40, at least I think it's 3 sal, it could be 3lo maybe?) from November 2009 (i'm assuming it was a russian cup event), and it looks fine, my guess is she didn't usually include it in her LP this season because it's not that valuable a jump when you can do lutz and flip without edge calls like she can.

Yes, it was 3S! How could I miss it? So Anna has all the triples too, wow!
I don't think Adelina has ever don...son they will try harder combos, 3F-3T maybe.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, it was 3S! How could I miss it? So Anna has all the triples too, wow!

Adelina can do 3-3T and her 2A-3T is good too, but she prefers a loop, it gives her more points. As for Anna, I think she needs some time to make her 3T more consistant.
Zaseeva and Biryukova both have very nice and consistant 3T-3T, so I think next season they will try harder combos, 3F-3T maybe.

Anna constantly changed her jump layout last season so I think that's why it's a little confusing to keep track of which jumps she does and doesn't do (the important thing is that she can do all of them). And you may be right about the 3t, she seems to sometimes struggle with it, but I think she has enough technical content that she should be able to do well even without 3-3s, I think the most important thing for her to focus on now is consistency in the LP, but in an interview after JW her coach said they will do that, and get her a LP that fits her skating style/personality better. Plus at the JGPF an article that was published quoted Anna saying that she already had a 2a-3lo combination, so if she does that in the LP she should be all set.

Adelina if she's still trippy on her jumps maybe could also just go for easier combos, I know she fell a lot last season, but it may have been mostly due to her growthspurt. She will also get very high component scores and gain lots of points on her great spins.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Would a mod. be so kind as to move this thread (if deemed necessary) to the 2010-11 competitions forum? (ISU Junior Grand Prix Events subforum?) Or can we continue this discussion here in The Edge?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think it's fine right here, since it is speculation, mostly, rather than facts. When the real entries lists start popping up for the JGP events, we'll be opening threads in the Competition 2010-2011 folders.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The following was posted in the JGP Courchevel thread (2010-2011 Competitions sub-forum) and since "unofficial" is used, I thought I would repost the information in this thread. :)
Japanese entries (unofficial)

JGP #1 FRA
Ryuju Hino, Takuya Kondo
Roanna Sari Oshikawa, Kana Muramoto

JGP #2 ROU
Keiji Tanaka, Sei Kawahara
Shion Kokubun, Yuki Nishino

JGP #3 AUT
Ryuichi Kihara, Fumiya Itai
Yukiko Fujisawa, Ayumi Goto

JGP #4 JPN
Kento Nakamura, Satoshi Nakamura, TBD (select from JGP #1-2)
Karen Kemanai, Risa Shoji, TBD (#1-2 or SUB)
Misato Komatsubara / Kokoro Mizutani (Ice Dance)

JGP #5 GBR
Keiji Tanaka, Yoji Tsuboi, TBD (#1-3)
TBD, TBD (#1-3 or SUB)
Narumi Takahashi / Mervin Tran

JGP #6 GER
Ryuichi Kihara, TBD (#1-4)
Yukiko Fujisawa, TBD (#1-4 or SUB)
Narumi Takahashi / Mervin Tran
Misato Komatsubara / Kokoro Mizutani(?)

JGP #7 CZE
Kento Nakamura, TBD (#1-5)
TBD, TBD (#1-5 or SUB)

SUBSTITUTES
Kako Tomotaki
Miyabi Oba
Mari Suzuki
Yuka Kono
Saya Ueno

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Wow, do you have this article?)

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/gpf_4.shtml

2nd paragraph from the bottom of the page:
Ovcharova's next event is Russian Nationals where she will be competing on the senior level. "I'm working on triple-triple combinations and I already have a double Axel-triple loop combination."

That was back in december so she may already have a 3-3 by now. The only thing is that because she favors the loop to the toe, it may be a 3-3 combination with 3lo on the end, which would mean she won't be able to do it in the JGP version of her SP. I don't really doubt the 2a-3lo thing either, the 2a is a very strong jump for her.

With the new changes in point values I don't think doing 3lz-2lo as her combination in the SP will really put her at a disadvantage though, especially because her edge takeoff is correct, 3lo is a strong jump for her, her PCS are always among the highest, and her spins and footwork are very strong. Then in the LP she could go for the 2a-3lo and/or 3-3 if they are ready and she wants to challenge the jumping beans. She put up a really high score at junior nationals in the FS without a 3-3 though so she should still be a top competitor even without it.

Eris

On the Ice
silverlake22, thank you! I really hope this season will be successful for Anna.