JFK Assassination on the History Channel | Golden Skate

JFK Assassination on the History Channel

Has anyone been watching the History Channel's compilation of the JFK assassination? It's mind boggling how much the Government has supressed as evidence that there was more than one assassin. It even pales Oliver Stone's fictionalized version. The investigation was truly a Rush to Judgment.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes Joe, I thought the same thing. Back in 63-66, it seemed like it was pretty cut and dry---Oswald did it----end of story. It is funny, nothing has ever phased me as much as the assassination, not even 9-11.

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Apparently sometime over the next few days ABC is apparently airing a special hosted by Peter Jennings that they claim irrefutably concludes that Oswald was indeed the lone gunman. I'll watch it just for a laugh. I'm sure Oswald was involved to some extent, but for him to pull that off by himself in the time allocated, or even a little more time, is preposterous. His scope was misaligned, there was foliage he would have had to shoot through, he was considered a poor shot during his Marine days, etc, etc.

The question I wonder is why hasn't the government released all of the files regarding this case? Clinton released a bunch back when the uproar over Oliver Stone's movie was still around but there are still millions of documents that are hidden away.

At the time of the assassination, there was a very vocal anti-JFK feeling in the country. A Catholic, no less. The ultra conservates saw him as a black$#^ lover among many things that conservatives didn't approve of.

So the Jfk fans could not believe and still will not believe that it was a pro-communist quiet type who killed him all by himself. The Rush to Judgement fans do have an answer to everything that has been presented which points to more than Oswald as the shooter.

But this History Channel show presents so many witnesses whose testimony has been supressed and the cover-up evidence such as the windhield with a bullet hole in it being replaced. Well, I could go lon but watch the History Channel, it's fascinating. I can't believe ABC is just coming back with the same old bunk - maybe it's because the conservatives are still openly afraid of citizens disbelieving the government on many other matters. And it is Texas which prides itself on the number of executions it performs every year.

Joe

4dogknight

Final Flight
1963 was a very different time and in 1963, Dallas was a very different place. Dallas today is a very cosmopolitan city while Texas on the whole, has not changed.

Kennedy was warned by a number of people not to go to Texas but he went anyway.

As you point out Joe, Kennedy was a Catholic and was in favor of granting civil rights to all citizens. Even today in a lot of places in Texas being a Catholic and in favor of equal rights for blacks and even women is considered something other than 'good'.

Does anyone think the 'good ole boy' system isn't still in force protecting those that were involved and their descendents?
I don't think we'll ever know who really shot either of the Kennedy’s and the people that the paid them to do it, let alone the reason for the executions.

4dk

4dogknight - If you haven't watched the History Channel, give it a try. For example, it was the Texas democratic machine including Johnson that insisted on Kennedy coming to Dallas. He had no plans to go there. He was aware of the hatred in that state. Connoly et al said it was absolutely safe. Well, you know the rest.

The conspiracy theory does begin. One example, the secret service men jogging with the motorcade were ordered to fall back away from the car at a certain point. hmm.

Joe

4dogknight

Final Flight
Joe: I was a History major but couldn't stomach the Krappe being force fed to students. Too much TonyPandy!

I'm sure you've heard that history is written by the victors and that true but there is a way to get to the truth, through economic records and registers.

I've been interested in conspiracy theories beginning with the Lincoln assassination, actually the Julian assassination was the first. There isn't much that I haven't read about the Dallas - Kennedy assassination.

Quite frankly I disagree with most theories you see on TV. While those theories do have a factual basis they do not take the necessary step to reason from B to C.

I have my own theory but I really don't want to talk about it because the players are still in place and manipulating current events. There was only one person who publicly referred to the conspiracy and they were vilified.

4dk