Mao has decided on a special coach for jumps | Golden Skate

Mao has decided on a special coach for jumps

Ren

On the Ice
Akira Andrea over at FSU has posted a translation to an article in "Sankei Sports" in Japan, which apparently says that she has chosen Mr. Hiroshi Nagakubo (Akiko Suzuki's coach). He's going to be the "special coach for jumps".

How nice that Nagakubo-sensei will be helping her! Hasn't he offered to give her tips before this past season? Akiko and Mao can support and spur each other on. I wonder who Mao's main coach will be, though.

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
Akira Andrea over at FSU has posted a translation to an article in "Sankei Sports" in Japan, which apparently says that she has chosen Mr. Hiroshi Nagakubo (Akiko Suzuki's coach). He's going to be the "special coach for jumps".

How nice that Nagakubo-sensei will be helping her! Hasn't he offered to give her tips before this past season? Akiko and Mao can support and spur each other on. I wonder who Mao's main coach will be, though.
good news indeed

chloepoco

Medalist
That's great news! Mr. Nagakubo seems like a strict, yet at the same time, nice, coach! And he's done great work with Akiko too!

Yay!

I hope this makes a difference for Mao this season. Though, with that beautiful triple axel of hers, maybe that's one jump she can teach the coach!

carignan

Rinkside
Mr. Nagakubo is also famous for teaching Shizuka Arakawa and Takeshi Honda when they were young.
Go Mao!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Glad that Mr. Nagakubo takes care of her jumps. Think it a great match. It makes me a bit worried that she still does not have the coach yet though. It's been a very long time and it wouldn't take that long to talk to a few coaches in that area. Perhaps she needs to expand her search?

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Great news is not only this but she is going to tell us her program music on June 4th,which she comes back to Japan from Canada.

MKFSfan

Medalist
This is great news! Shizuka and Akiko have nice jumps, consistently included 5 triples, no idea if it's all due to Mr. Nagakubo's coaching abilities, but sure can't hurt! I really hope he can help Mao with her lutz, salchow and add back a 3/3. I'm sure a big part is technique, but I bet there is a lot of mental blocks as well. I believe Mao can do it!!!

Looking forward to her music choices...recently I dreamt Mao chose "Lyra Angelica"...really crossing fingers for lighter pieces to show off her musicality and fluid skating ability!

Really? Liebestraum? That's going to be tremendous. Mao really has the chops to wring every last drop of expressiveness out of that beautiful piece. The music has good tempo, a sort of narrative drive, and great tenderness, all of which will serve Mao well. Thanks for the good news.