Events that Pang & Tong were robbed in over the years | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Events that Pang & Tong were robbed in over the years

mousepotato

On the Ice
What happens at previous competitions have no bearing once you step off the podium and onto fresh ice and more than one pair has proved that. Many teams get better as the season progresses. If Trankov didn't fall in the short at the Olympics my guess is the judges would have placed them in 4th.

You still never said how you thought M/T deserved the bronze over K/S or how P/T were underscored in the short...bearing in mind this wasn't the GPF or TEB or NHK this was a few months later.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
M/T skated a clean short at the Worlds and still ended up 7 points back of Pang & Tong. At the Olympics they and Dube & Davison made similar mistakes and they couldnt even beat Dube & Davison. The fact you think M&T are any threat to a clean P&T pretty much already shows you are not worth even taking seriously as you are sadly out of touch with reality.

mousepotato

On the Ice
You said M/T deserved the bronze this year at worlds over K/S and you cannot state why even though the scores are provided on this very website All you can say is that you "like" them better, "The term 'Like' is not on the Code of Points at least not until next year.

You also said P/T were underscored at this years Olympics (SP-4th) and you never said why...just that that were. You said they should have been scored ahead of K/S but why? Please explain. I linked the scores.

It's obvious you adore Pang and Tong as most of us do and if you can justify why they should score higher than another team-that is fine but at least back up your claims with skating skills not just "feelings".

If not I think you're done here. I'm just glad the 99.9 of judges judge with their brain and a score sheet and not their heart.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu5XtBf8SBQ&feature=related

Pang/Tong FS in the 2006 Torino Olympics. SBS 2A-2T combo, and severely under rotated SBS 3T, coupled with no connection to the music at all. And there are people who thought they were robbed? P/T are always generously marked. M/T were never that lucky. So you're right that when both are clean, M/T can't beat P/T, unfortunately.