Who do you want to Win Worlds? (LADIES) | Golden Skate

Who do you want to Win Worlds? (LADIES)

J

Jules Asner

Who do you want to Win Worlds? (LADIES)

Assuming Michelle Kwan and Maria Butryskatya do not compete....

L

LADSKATER

Re: Who do you want to Win Worlds? (LADIES)

Not to be accused of being "fickle", although I like Hughes, I would like to see one of the Japanese ladies on the podium. I think Fumie is a very graceful skater and a real fighter. She will be hard to beat.

Ladskater

S

sk8ing lady2001

Sasha. :)

R

Raelynne

Sarah. I love her and I think she has it in her to do another great skate for Worlds.

M

mathman444

I like all of the ladies listed, but it will take some doing to beat Irina.

Mathman

K

Katja73

I voted for Sasha because I think with Tarasova as her coach, she's going make even more progress this season.

But I also want Sarah to win so people won't think her Olympic win was a fluke.

And I love Fumie's skating so I want her to win too. LOL

*off to go read, "How to Make a Decision"*

M

MaskedBaboon

Fumie Fumie Fumie!!!

S

Show 42

Irina has won a worlds, so I gotta go with Sasha.....second choice......go Fumie...........42

S

sk8m8

Has to be Angela, It may be close to the end of her ameture competing days and would love to see her "take it all".She is such a phenomenal skater never to have won nationals or have a world medal. Second would be Sarah because I think she's worked to earn it and I'd love to see her quiet ( or at least deminish) the critics who bash her skating technique.

R

RealtorGal

Angela. I'd hate to see her end up like Josee Chouinard--someone who had all the talent to make the podium but just couldn't get it together with two back-to-back clean programs when she needed it.

G

Grgranny

Who do you want to win ladies?

I agree with Angela. I'm afraid she may not stay in if she can't get her nerves together while she is still an AMATEUR.

K

Kremxx

Re: Who do you want to win ladies?

Fumie Suguri,

The last two years have been great years for Fumie, her consistency is getting a lot better, not to mention the leaps and bounds she has made in the second mark. I hope she can capitalize on her progress by winning another medal (hopefully gold) with Michelle most likely not competing this season.

T

TimGoebelsGirl

Assuming Michelle doesn't compete, Fumie Suguri. Irina won last year, Sasha's getting overrated, Sarah is a fluke, and Angela... doesn't really have what it takes. Were those all the choices? I'd love to see Yoshie Onda win it.

Q

QuadKingLuvr

Sarah... I would love for her to have the national title and world title... then she can go to college full time. Personally, I wouldn't want to give up until I had those 2 medals, regaurdless of having the Oly Gold. :p

B

BronzeisGolden02

It'd be a dream to see a rematch of SLC, except this time all four top ladies skate cleanly. Imagine the judging if Kwan, Hughes, Slutskaya and Cohen all skated cleanly! Seeing that that probably won't happen, I'd find it most interesting to see either Kwan and Hughes or Kwan and Cohen battle it out. All three skaters have nice artistry and strong jumps and are capable of incredible moments. Having said that, I'd love to see Kwan pull this one out. If she falters, I'd be just as happy to see Sasha with gold. But a medal of any color for Sasha would be a huge improvement over her 4th place rut. Slutskaya is the true toss up to me. Although, I was extremely happy to see her receiving marks that she actually deserved during this grand prix season. Not 5.8s for numerous technical flaws. Her technical merit marks from SLC still astound me. 5.8s and 5.9s for that performance?

R

rgirl181

She's not on the list but I'm hoping for Shizuka Arakawa.
Rgirl

L

lottafs

So hard to choose between Sasha and Fumie, but I vote for Fumie.