View Poll Results: What do you think of the new child molestation charges against Michael Jackson?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's about time, he is a viable threat to children

19 41.30%
  • Uncertain and would like to see the story unfold and get all of the facts

21 45.65%
  • Its a sham, he's an eccentric public figure that makes an easy target

6 13.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Michael Jackson

Michael is kinda strange - true
    Michael sleeps with some of the boys - true
    Michael touches them where he shouldn't - we don't know that
    Childrens' parents see a way of making a buck - true
    Michael sells newspapers - true

Michael is an incredible popular entertainer - true.

Joe

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Dude, the only reason that Michael Jackson's being supported by a number of celebrities and fans and being said "innocent" is because he is FAMOUS. Because he is famous, he can practically get away with any crime cuz people's got his back. If he wasn't famous and was just and average guy you saw on the street and thought nothin' about, then he will be arrested. But because he is put in the same box as celebrities, he gets away with it. And plus he's got the dough.

The way it is in the world of celebrities, if a celeb commits a crime, a similar matter as Michael Jackson's or something else, IMMEDIATELY fans and fellow celebrities will come to his defense. And, like the previous crimes done by some celebs, they get away with it. THIS, people, is totally unfair to the "normal" people who commit crimes. Yeah, okay, normal guy sexually harrasses five year old boys and the famous guy does the same thing but gets away with it cuz his fans and supporters say he's innocent and the victim's story is fabricated. How unfair is that???

In short, if a person commits a crime, IT IS A CRIME AND THE PERSON MUST BE PUT TO JUSTICE IF PROVEN GUILTY BY EVIDENCE. You know that people always say that don't put people in boxes or stereotype them or whatever. Well they're being hypocrites, putting Michael Jackson in the "famous celebrity' box. He's INNOCENT because he's a CELEBRITY.

This goes to ALL celebrities who committed crimes in the similar matter or different.

Skating Freak Barbie
    I voted "Undecided", which currently broke the tie between it and "It's about time"....

The thing I'm glad of right now...the boy is not being raked over the coals by the press, like the alleged victim in the Kobe Bryant case was. Regardless of the truth, this is a child. If the allegations are true, he has been truamatized and will need a lot of help to regain his sense of safety and self esteem. If for some reason, he made this up and it's all a lie...he still is in need of help. Boils down to...the boy is needing help.

:( Kasey

Originally posted by Lotta
    In short, if a person commits a crime, IT IS A CRIME AND THE PERSON MUST BE PUT TO JUSTICE IF PROVEN GUILTY BY EVIDENCE. You know that people always say that don't put people in boxes or stereotype them or whatever. Well they're being hypocrites, putting Michael Jackson in the "famous celebrity' box. He's INNOCENT because he's a CELEBRITY.
    Well, the last time I looked (and that would be a few hours ago), we still didn't know if he did commit a crime or not. So at this time, according to the law, he is innocent, and will be until proven guilty.

I do think he's a freak, unfit to raise any children, and his habit of sleeping with your boys is very questionable, but I'll wait for some proof before I call him guilty of molesting anyone.

Bubala - Innocent until proven guilty does not apply in this case? That's American democracy at work?

The parents of those children who visit Neverland know what happened in 1993. They continue to bring their children to that place. Why? Do they give permission for their kids to sleep with MJ? Why? Is there millions to be made? Just some thoughts that others not address.

Joe

On the Ice
    I have to say, as the mother of 2 young children and with the sense I was born with, I can't believe that some parents allow their children to be in his presence, knowing that there may be some doubt in his innocence.
    What are the parents thinking?

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there are some money-grabbing people who might deliberately set their kids up with MJ in the hope that they may be able to sue him at a later date.

Meanwhile the real paedophiles of this country get housed and their identity protected.

It's a screwed up world.

Custom Title
    Who would let their children sleep over with an adult?
    It would be different if your having a sleep over with his kids.

On the Ice
    Exactly......I have more serious doubts about the parents, than Michael Jackson.

Custom Title
    For the sake of argument: Let's say your son has been molested over an extended perior. The evidence is serious enough that charges are soon to be filed. But, hold it, your son is refusing to give whatever evidence is necessary to convict. The prosecution can't go forward without his testimony and the case dies.

But, the molester says, here, I'll give you a bunch of money and you just keep your mouth shut and go away. You say you got a deal. You take the money and run. What kind of parent are you?

On the Ice
    If you take the money, you're more of a money-grabber than a justice-seeker-for-your-child.
    If anyone molested my children, I wouldn't want money, I'd want blood......
    ......but I wouldn't repeatedly send them to some man's home on their own, in the first place.
    Last edited by beebeeuk; 11-24-2003 at 04:25 PM.

Custom Title
    It becomes so complicated when you consider the child and whether or not it is the best thing for he/she to testify. Certainly, that would be the brave thing to do. But does not doing it make a child not brave? It is so difficult being a child without such situations, but something like this, even if it wasn't such a high profile event, could create a world of hell for a young person. Children are so cruel to each other, especially anyone different, and having been the victimized witness of a molestation trial would make a child extremely different. Imagine all of the stares and whispers...and the stigma that would follow you. LOL...I guess I've started another topic! I'm looking at this more as a type of situation that doesn't involve a wealthy star. What do you guys think? If it were a more normal situation, could you subject your child to such a turbulent and wrenching emotional experience? I'm not so certain that I could unless my child was determined to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2