Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mclaughlin/Brubaker Split

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan

Mclaughlin/Brubaker Split

Custom Title

Re: Mclaughlin/Brubaker Split

Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Stunning! I thought last season was just a speed bumb but they obviously saw it as a catastrophe!

Tripping on the Podium

totally shocked. im wondering if they put all their eggs into the vancouver basket and when that didn't work out, lost their focus...i am stunned. they were the best prospects the US has had in pairs in a LONG time...as much as I <3 the local pairs here (Denney/Barrett, Evora/Ladwig train not too far from me), I don't see the IT factor in them like I did in M/B. hopefully they could come back together at some point...

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

Wow, didn't see this coming. Hope he finds a new partner.

Custom Title

I'm disappointed, I enjoyed their skating. They had great potential as a US pair team, with some wonderful qualities. It does sound as if she is done skating. Good luck to both of them in the future.

Custom Title

WHAT?!? I'm literally stunned to hear about her wanting to concentrate on school and other interests. It sounds like she is burned out! This pair was much too young and too good to be putting all the eggs in the Vancouver basket. One Nationals weekend gone wrong should NOT have been enough to shatter this team. Take a lesson from Johnny Weir! He wanted to leave the sport after a 5th place at Nationals, only to realize that was foolish, and he made the Olympic team a year later.

This is was VERY top notch pair team with a HUGE amount of potential. Very shocking news and very sad for US Pairs. There are a lot of sad breakups, but this was one is different. They were so great together and so young, which so much success early on... This shouldn't have happened and it's sad. :(

it reads to me like keauna is the one having trouble dealing with the hardships of last year and even the year before that. Sounds like shes stepping back and reevaluating her goals in life. More power to her.

my jaw hit the floor when i saw the news on facebook. So surprising. But also understandable.

Banned

Very dissapointing new. They were the most promising U.S pair in many years. I think they may have felt things just werent working anymore though and they were destined to continue a career that didnt live up to expectations. If that is the case it an understandable decision.

Custom Title

I'm sad for this breakup and I hope nothing but the best for both M/B. I am torn between wanting Rockne to pair up with Tracy Tanovich or Amanda Dobbs.
    Last edited by cornell08; 06-22-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Custom Title

I hope he finds a new parter fast. I don't think he will have trouble. She didn't seem very passionate or happy. I hope she enjoys school.

We were at Skate for Hope Saturday night, and sadly, she fell on both of her triple throws (in opening number and in their solo). So I guess I am not really surprised at this. If you want to see photos of them from that night, go to Skate for Hope's Facebook page.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

I'm not surprised. She grew and things were never quite as easy afterward. Rockne is just a little too short for a male pair skater. I hope if he finds a new partner, it is one who has finished growing, and is very petite. Do any of you remember Mariel Miller?

http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00007639.htm

Well, she grew, too.

Down With It

Wow, I don't keep up with these splits but this one got me.

I hope they did not take their Olympic defeat too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm not surprised. She grew and things were never quite as easy afterward. Rockne is just a little too short for a male pair skater. I hope if he finds a new partner, it is one who has finished growing, and is very petite. Do any of you remember Mariel Miller?

http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00007639.htm

Well, she grew, too.
    it took Jeremy Barrett a long while to finally find the right partner. Rockne is already a superstar so it should be easier for him to have his pick of the crop.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast