Mclaughlin/Brubaker Split | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mclaughlin/Brubaker Split

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
There is a statistic floating around from a few years ago and it is something like 75% of kids quite organized sport by age 12! That is a crazy number.

I think that number is misleading. I didn't start organized sports until high school, which was after age 12.

There is no way I can know what Keauna is thinking. Maybe she just wants to move on. But if I was in her position, the worst thing would be dissappointing others. Remember the Coke cans? That had to hurt.

gold12345

Medalist
According to Aunt Joyce, Sasha Cohen DID have a trying with Rockne! No word on how it went. :eek:

I've always thought AJ just read the message boards for a lot of his info. :laugh: I'm sure there was no formality in the tryout. I mean, they train at the same rink with the same coach. It couldn't have been hard to arrange, and I tend to doubt anything will become of it. I hope this isn't a sign that it's really THAT tough for Rockne to find anyone to try out with.

lol...stick a fork in the lady...she is DONE! :laugh:

I agree. Sasha has barely trained seriously from 2006-2010 and came back at the last minute for a chance at the Olympics in 2010. Half-hearted comeback attempts are fine, but not when you drag a partner on the upslope of his career down with you. I'd question her ability to learn pairs at her age and with her injury history anyway. Bad hips and a bad back are not conducive to pairs! This sounds more like a fantasy than anything.

There is no way I can know what Keauna is thinking. Maybe she just wants to move on. But if I was in her position, the worst thing would be dissappointing others. Remember the Coke cans? That had to hurt.

One thing as an athlete you have to force yourself to understand is that there is never a guarantee that you will do your best at competition... that is why athletes compete! When you take on sponsorships, you cannot put the pressure on yourself to deliver for your sponsor. You have to deliver for YOURSELF and block out everything else. Ultimately, Coca-Cola doesn't care they didn't go to the Olympics. It's not a loss to them, really. And I'm sure Coke understands the risk they take when they select athletes to sponsor before they make their respective Olympic teams. So as an athlete, you can't let the pressure of endorsement deals affect you. Keauna is young... She really does need to have a strong support system around her to help her with these things.

Last edited: