German Team | Golden Skate

German Team

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
The German National Team was announced today.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/bundeskader.pdf

Some news:
Julia Pfrengle and Katharina Häcker are in the USA for training at the moment.
Sarah Hecken was/is injured and is recovery from that at the moment.
Ice-Training in Mannheim will beginn at the beginning of July again. Hopefully Sarah will then fit again zu 100%!
Stefanie Frohberg and Tim Giesen changed there choreografer and ballett trainer. In the future they will work wit Lars Scheibner und Angela Reinhard.
Anna-Katharina Kreisfeld changed her training rink from Stuttgart to Oberstdorf.
Viktor Kremke changed to Pairs Skaiting.
Hermanns will stay in France for training, they switched at the beginning of the year.
Philip Tischendorf prepais for his new season in Oberstdorf with Ice-Dome camps. He announced his new programms on his website.

Thats all I can remeber at the moment. Someone know anything else??

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Vielen Dank, Meli. I, along with others I'm sure, appreciate hearing news about skaters from the different countries. I appreciate all the posters on Golden Skate who broaden my knowledge of the world along with knowledge of the skaters.

Trewyn

Medalist
Sad to here Sarah Hecken was/is injured. I really liked her at Worlds; such a charming, smiley personality on the ice. I hope she has a great season!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks for this information, Meli_Huber!

If the Hermann's are staying in France, then, I assume they are staying with the coaching group of Muriel Zazoui, Romain Haguenauer, & V. Schulz? Do you know who is going to be doing their choreography this year?

sillylionlove

Medalist
Sad to here Sarah Hecken was/is injured. I really liked her at Worlds; such a charming, smiley personality on the ice. I hope she has a great season!

I met her at Skate America and she was so nice. And so excited that someone wanted her autograph and picture. And it's such a pleasure to see someone so happy and excited when they do so well. I am sorry to hear that she is injured. I sure hope that she is able to skate this season.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Yes, Carolina and Daniel Hermann trains with Muriel Zazoui and Romain Haguenauer in Lyon. I only know, that there free dance will something new and more "mature" this season. They showed this new dance the German Head Coach for Ice Dancing, Martin Skotnicky, in the End of April and he liked it.

Maylin Hausch and Daniel Wende will skate to Moulin Rouge in the Short Programm, choreografed by Pasquale Camerlengo in Zürich. Long Programm Music will be Prince of persia - The sands of time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That sound like some good choices. I can't wait to hear what Zazoui & Haguenauer give the Hermanns!

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I have some news about Peter Liebers.

First, he have a new homepage. http://www.peterliebers.com/

He was in Canada from 1. until 25. May for training.
Short Programm: Lori Nichol - no music info
Long Programm: Shin Amano - Music from the new Sherlock Holmes movie

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Bad news: Aljona and Robin will not skate at Nebelhorn Trophy this year! Ingo Steuer told, that the new programms will not be ready at this time. There were some news in a German newspaper. Don´t find the link yet, but it was in German. He also said, that it is not sure, if they will skate the GPs.

I also get a link to a youtube video with Peter Liebers it´s really cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUtHL5rc6U

Philipp Tischendorf injured his foot and have to rest for 2 weeks.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
More news:

Annette Dytrt is training again!
She changed again her coaching team. She will now train with her "old" coach Karel Fajfr in Oberstdorf again. She said: "Mission German Nationals can beginn .... "

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Carolina and Daniel Hermann will not skate competitions this season. They need time to think and will beginn with the basics. All signs say, that they will looking for new partners!

There are also rumours, that the Beiers will not skate together any longer. But thats not official yet, only speculations!

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I'm sad about the Hermanns . He was soo cute and you can tell they love dancing but they were getting nowhere internationally. Not making the FD at Worlds was a real blow..

It seems now very likely for the new young team of Frohberg/Giesen to make it to Euros. They only have to beat ZhiganshinaGazsi who have never been in favor of the german judges.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's obvious that Frohberg/Geisen are on their way up. Maybe the Beiers and Hermanns knew they couldn't match what F/G could do and moved on to other things.

Lele

Spectator
Sarah Hecken will be skating at the Nebelhorntrophy in Oberstdorf (GER). Together with Peter Liebers, Franz Streubel, Katharina Häcker, Sandy Hoffmann, Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi, Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende and Katharina Gierok/Florian Just.
Date is 23.- 25. September.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I´m so happy that the season will start so soon ....

Some updates:
Frohberg/Gießen received an second GP - thats so great for them - when they improved like last season, she will be Germanys Senior Team Number 1 this season - a young couple with a lot of hope for the future

Sandy Hoffmann (4th place JGP Germany last season) - from what I heard planed to skate JGP Germany and Nebelhorn - but at the moment she is injured and not allowed to skate, so we have to wait and see what will happen

"Mannheim" based skaters (Sarah Hecken, Julia Pfrengle, Katharina Häcker, ...) - not really good news - there normal training rink is closed because of lacks in the housetop - they can train in the SAP Arena in Mannheim, but the training times are not the best - hopefully they can go back to there normal ice rink at the end of October

Franz Streubel - has now a 3A - will skate JGP in France and Nebelhorn - hopefully he will get his consistenc back, which he lost in the short period he was with Huth - good luck in France, and show what you can! :clap:

Shira Willner (2nd at German Nationals last season and skated at Euros) - changed coaches to Stefan Lindemann!

As some others wrote before - Beiers retired - Hermanns are back together, but will train in Berlin with Rene Lohse

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I forgot some important news ...

Juliana Gurdzhi and Alexander Völler split. That´s really sad! They had great potential.

Alexander is now skating with a German girl. But I don´t think that this is a good solution, because the girl has not really good skating skills. She had a 2A in the past and also land triples in training, but her skating skills ...

Juliana - it is reported that she quit with the sport after the split, which was not from her side. I hope she will find back to ice skating, because she is such a talented young girl.