Plushenko loses eligibility | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Plushenko loses eligibility

Soldier of Love

Rinkside
Plushenko does not follow rules. In a skating magazine a while back he was in Florida. He wanted to swim in the ocean. He was told the water was too rough by a lifeguard. No one was in the water but Evgeni brushed off the warning and went in to swim anyway. Later he told the interviewer of the magazine that he got beat up in the water, cut himself on rocks, came out of the water bleeding, his hands were so cut up. I just figure he is too arrogant and hates following rules or good advice. I will not miss his skating or whining at all.
:bow:

"Actually I was not going to compete this season, I want to relax, I want to prepare for future competitions." -Plushenko
LOL Yeah, mhm....riiiiight:rolleye:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
^ I am pretty sure the wording was that he withdrew from worlds and performed in a show "without the permission of his federation."

I have understood that he first had the permission from his federation, but the federation had to withdraw it because otherwise ISU would have announced the whole RSF as ineligible. That would have affected all Russian skaters not being able to compete in ISU events. Plushenko withdrew from Worlds because of an injury and participated in shows in the same timeframe.

Even if Plushenko hopes to to reinstate with the help of his federation, that still will need the approval from ISU? And we will see how final is the final decision of the ISU council:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/c...-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If the Russian Federation has any sense, they'll do their utmost to develop their Borodulins, Voronovs, Gachinskys, etc. for Sochi, leave this arrogant aging bozo behind, and never look back.

seniorita

Record Breaker
he doesnt have to reinstain with the help of his federation, the ISU rule says a skater can apply for reinstatement through his/her federation, meaning just that Plushenko must provide all the papers to ISU through RF and not by himself.

Plushenko does not follow rules. In a skating magazine a while back he was in Florida. He wanted to swim in the ocean. He was told the water was too rough by a lifeguard. No one was in the water but Evgeni brushed off the warning and went in to swim anyway. Later he told the interviewer of the magazine that he got beat up in the water, cut himself on rocks, came out of the water bleeding, his hands were so cut up. I just figure he is too arrogant and hates following rules or good advice. I will not miss his skating or whining at all.
I think he might was waiting for Pamela Anderson to come and rescue him. Thats what my friends or anyone been in teens in the 90s do anyway.:)

kiz_4Ever , i didnt translate it myself, i took it straight from twitter.:)

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
he doesnt have to reinstain with the help of his federation, the ISU rule says a skater can apply for reinstatement through his/her federation, meaning just that Plushenko must provide all the papers to ISU through RF and not by himself.

Yes, but he needs Russian Federation to provide the papers through to ISU, doesn´t he? That means he needs the help of his federation. He cannot send the papers directly to ISU himself.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes but in previous page it looked like it was said that he will apply for reinstatement in RF and they will help him, not ISU, thats why i wrote it. Yeah, probably he will need the help of the postman of his federation.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I read about this this past summer, didn't trouble me whatsoever (which is why I didn't bother to post at the time), as I knew he & Mishin have a game play.

I'll see you in Sochi in 2014, Zhenya, both me & my baby niece. Lol, she keeps pestering me about it. Can't wait to see your magnificent country for the first time! :)

MrBerkeley

On the Ice
Wait, so is Plushenko able to come back for Sochi?

I like the Russian & his style. NO QUAD! NO QUAD! (I love that Lysacek won the gold but Plushenko, I did agree with him that Mao's 3A and the Quad should count for more).

janetfan

Match Penalty

I like the Russian & his style. NO QUAD! NO QUAD! (I love that Lysacek won the gold but Plushenko, I did agree with him that Mao's 3A and the Quad should count for more).

Yes, he will be able to come back. But only if he takes it easy for the next few seasons. It is all part of the game plan. Plushy knows he only has so many top level performances left in those knees and why would he use them up skating at GP's or even Worlds?

If his goal is to compete at Sochi then I believe if he is healthy he will be there. Only a complete turn around from the Russian men skaters could stop him. Right now the Russians don't have a skater in Evan's class let alone Plushy.

I think Johnny is copying Plushy and will sit out a few seasons and then try to mount a comeback for 2014.
But Johnny is not Plushy and the US has a deeper field of Men at the moment.

Layfan

Record Breaker
That is an interesting theory about Johnny. I can certainly see how he would be tempted but I would be really surprised if he made it to Sochi. I suppose it depends on what the field looks like in four years. But if I had to bet I would say it will look stronger and have more men doing quads.
Plushenko's comeback was really remarkable. But there are few other examples of successful comebacks like that.

Plushenko is unique. He's got that workhorse mentality, the drive, the solid technique, and of course the basic talent to bring himself back up to the highest level four years after his peak. I can't imagine that many others would be able to match that. And Johnny has some lovely qualities to his skating, but he never had such an arsenal of jumps to begin with. Well, my hat's off to anyone who can achieve such a comeback, and that would include Johnny if he could pull it off. But I think with people like Takahashi and Oda in the mix, plus Chan if he continues to grow as he's been doing and others who have started to take off, this isn't in the cards for Mr. Weir.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushenko's comeback was really remarkable. But there are few other examples of successful comebacks like that.

There are?? the only single skater I can think of is Katarina Witt 's second gold but i dont know if she had retired in between. Apart from ice dancers, who have comeback, and pairs Dimitriev and G/G, which single lady or men has come back on the podium after retirement? I m not very good in history:)

stevlin

On the Ice
@ Stevlin - he got out on his own though didn't he?

Seriously I hope he's back in Sochi.

Yes, he got out of the water on his own but he was taking a risk and could have knocked his head against the rocks and drowned. Simply put he does not follow orders even if it is best for him to do. I will not miss his crooked jumps, shaky landings, gyrating his hips, or blowing kisses or not really skating to the music. He is too cocky . He should be thankful that the judges gave him a silver medal.

You got your wish. Next year both the quad and the triple Axel will count more.

janetfan

Match Penalty
There are?? the only single skater I can think of is Katarina Witt 's second gold but i dont know if she had retired in between. Apart from ice dancers, who have comeback, and pairs Dimitriev and G/G, which single lady or men has come back on the podium after retirement? I m not very good in history:)

I believe Katarina continued skating and competing after the '84 Olympics. If she competed less she certainly did not skip the whole cycle the way Plushy or Sasha did.

Kati was competing at Worlds and I believe she won several of her WC's between her 1st OGM and her 2nd OGM. So really she did not do what Plushy did.

Her return to the '94 Olympics came after a long break from competions and although still a lovely skater she did not serioulsy challenge for a place on the podium.

I really can't think of another singles skater who pulled of what Plushy did last season.
Imagine if he can do it again in 2014? What a story that would be :think: :)

I believe Katarina continued skating and competing after the '84 Olympics. If she competed less she certainly did not skip the whole cycle the way Plushy or Sasha did.

Kati was competing at Worlds and I believe she won several of her WC's between her 1st OGM and her 2nd OGM. So really she did not do what Plushy did.

Her return to the '94 Olympics came after a long break from competions and although still a lovely skater she did not serioulsy challenge for a place on the podium.

I really can't think of another singles skater who pulled of what Plushy did last season.
Imagine if he can do it again in 2014? What a story that would be :think: :)

It would be like Muhammad Ali regaining his boxing title twice, which I believe he did do. I'd love to see Plushy do well in Sochi just for the satisfaction of watching true grit win out over Father Time. Of course my greatest hope is that the gold goes to Takahashi. But if Plushy could medal in four Olympics...I don't think any figure skater has done that since Gillis Grafstrom.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Simply put he does not follow orders even if it is best for him to do.

actually Mishin has said a milion times he was /is the most disciplined student he ever had, he remembers one time he disobeyed him to play footbal with yagudin, after 16 years of training together he has one time to remember.

Edit: Anyway i saw the rest of your post, nevermind..

Nadine

Record Breaker
Late last night I was thinking of Zhenya and his skating, so I went to youtube (of course, lol) and immediately looked up two of the greatest events he did this past season (Cup of Russia/Rostelecom Cup & European Championships).

I hadn't rewatched the above at all until then, and I'm glad I didn't because rewatching them again gave me almost the same adrenaline rush, heart-pounding excitement (lol, Paul Wylie's commentary proved he's a fan of Zhenya too)! To see that first competition, after not seeing him skate competitively in four years, that was thee very best! Nothing compares to that first time, nothing (pulling an all-nighter and watching it live on IN and also posting at the same time on GS). And then to see him at the Olympics live for the very first time in my life was not only a miracle but honestly a joy beyond joy; I can still see it in my mind's eye, his standing tall & regal by the boards with all the rest of the top dogs, the King, warming up, practicing, and then him skating right in front of me at the Olympics. And then the jumps, like they were suspended in midair, time stood still, gasps all around me, miracle of miracles he landed them like a cat. Finally, history being made, to be a little part of it, to see Evgeni Plushenko become an Immortal on February 18th, 2010. Just thinking of it gives me shivers. :)

So of course after all that I dreamed about all the skaters that competed in 4 Olympiads ~ Elvis Stojko and Julia Sebestian two of the very few, in fact the only ones in recent history ~ and of course the great Gillis Grafstrom and Sonja Henie. And from there I dreamed of Evgeni Plushenko competing in his 4th Olympiad in Sochi, Russia, 2014. IF he can medal, that would tie him with Gillis Grafstrom as the greatest figure skater of all-time, man or woman. Because as it stands now, Mr. Grafstrom is the only figure skater to have medalled at Olympiads (1920, 1924, 1928, 1932). Zhenya will be chasing history...