Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko loses eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    It's just that "any ISU activity" seems broader than "any ISU competition", sounded excessively punitive to me .....
    It's not. The very words "ISU activities" are in the ISU rule book in regards to a skater being ineligible. Seniorita posted the ISU rules on the subject matter in this thread. So all in all, the statement and consequence are both fairly standard in regards to the rule Plushy broke. He isn't getting the short end of the stick or being treated unfairly.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    I wonder what are the "ISU activities" other than ISU competitions...
    I hope it doesn't mean everything sanctioned by the ISU.

Maybe "activities" is meant to include roles like being a judge, so forth other than competitions?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post

No, the interviewer was too cute and pretty.
    No I meant Plush drank a lot and began nonsense

If they say ISU activties, which is not very clear ,maybe they mean ISU sactioned events??
    Japan Open is sactioned http://www.goldenskate.com/competiti...am/japan.shtml
    Last edited by seniorita; 08-24-2010 at 07:21 AM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    No I meant Plush drank a lot and began nonsense
    Yeah I knew, Plushy gets mischievous not only when drunk but in front of pretty girls.
    At one of his recent shows in Japan when the last stage was through the skaters hugged each other backstage, and Plush put ice in his hands into Shizuka's back, inside her costume.

I think this is the first time Plushy comments on his ineligibility, he twitted that he arrived from Japan in Helsinki today and he saw on the news that he is 'forever'' banned and excluded from Olys and the whole thing magnifiedetc
    ... in Helsinki Airport
    and learned "the news of the day"!I hope everything will be fine and my dream will come true, I will compete in Sochi!
    I continue to train and prepare, they blown scandal out of nowhere, it's surprising that it's been picked up so fast, the sports press amazes.

and then made a phone declaration.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmj6-bAWfnI
    "If the International Skating Union wishes, to exclude me from skating this season, then perhaps they are right. Actually I was not going to compete this season, I want to relax, I want to prepare for future competitions. And probably the main dream and the most important competition - is home Olympics in Sochi in 2014."

Custom Title
    Plushenko does not follow rules. In a skating magazine a while back he was in Florida. He wanted to swim in the ocean. He was told the water was too rough by a lifeguard. No one was in the water but Evgeni brushed off the warning and went in to swim anyway. Later he told the interviewer of the magazine that he got beat up in the water, cut himself on rocks, came out of the water bleeding, his hands were so cut up. I just figure he is too arrogant and hates following rules or good advice. I will not miss his skating or whining at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I think this is the first time Plushy comments on his ineligibility, he twitted that he arrived from Japan in Helsinki today and he saw on the news that he is 'forever'' banned and excluded from Olys and the whole thing magnifiedetc
    ... in Helsinki Airport
    and learned "the news of the day"!I hope everything will be fine and my dream will come true, I will compete in Sochi!
    I continue to train and prepare, they blown scandal out of nowhere, it's surprising that it's been picked up so fast, the sports press amazes.
    [B]
    thanks for the translation, I tried to understand but my Russian is really too poor (and Google tranlator isn't better...)

BTW, I read somewhere in the forums (still when it all begins) that the rule (or the comma in the rule) by which plushenko was disqualified permitted also to gain elegibility back in the future, with proper burocracy...am I completely wrong or there was something like that?

^ As I understand the rules, it is all up to the Russian Federation. Plushenko was punished for participating in a show without the approval of his Federation. I belive that the Russian Federation can petition on Plushenko's behalf for reinstatement at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ As I understand the rules, it is all up to the Russian Federation. Plushenko was punished for participating in a show without the approval of his Federation. I belive that the Russian Federation can petition on Plushenko's behalf for reinstatement at any time.
    I thought he was punished because he performed in the shows during the time period that he was supposed to be recovering due to injury....??

^ I am pretty sure the wording was that he withdrew from worlds and performed in a show "without the permission of his federation."

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Plushenko does not follow rules. In a skating magazine a while back he was in Florida. He wanted to swim in the ocean. He was told the water was too rough by a lifeguard. No one was in the water but Evgeni brushed off the warning and went in to swim anyway. Later he told the interviewer of the magazine that he got beat up in the water, cut himself on rocks, came out of the water bleeding, his hands were so cut up. I just figure he is too arrogant and hates following rules or good advice. I will not miss his skating or whining at all.

"Actually I was not going to compete this season, I want to relax, I want to prepare for future competitions." -Plushenko
    LOL Yeah, mhm....riiiiight

Custom Title
    Did you think he was gonna skate this upcoming season? I didn't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I am pretty sure the wording was that he withdrew from worlds and performed in a show "without the permission of his federation."
    I have understood that he first had the permission from his federation, but the federation had to withdraw it because otherwise ISU would have announced the whole RSF as ineligible. That would have affected all Russian skaters not being able to compete in ISU events. Plushenko withdrew from Worlds because of an injury and participated in shows in the same timeframe.

Even if Plushenko hopes to to reinstate with the help of his federation, that still will need the approval from ISU? And we will see how final is the final decision of the ISU council:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/co...s-item,00.html
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-25-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Custom Title
    If the Russian Federation has any sense, they'll do their utmost to develop their Borodulins, Voronovs, Gachinskys, etc. for Sochi, leave this arrogant aging bozo behind, and never look back.

he doesnt have to reinstain with the help of his federation, the ISU rule says a skater can apply for reinstatement through his/her federation, meaning just that Plushenko must provide all the papers to ISU through RF and not by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    I think he might was waiting for Pamela Anderson to come and rescue him. Thats what my friends or anyone been in teens in the 90s do anyway.

kiz_4Ever , i didnt translate it myself, i took it straight from twitter.
    Last edited by seniorita; 08-25-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast