Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Hybrid View

Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

This was posted by parasolka
    over on FSU and I thought it would be food for some discussion.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Professo...16202774189826

I hope its okay that I posted it, it wasn't in the paid section.
    Last edited by bekalc; 07-03-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Custom Title

Re: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Her technique is very very good, and she does it with ease... What a talent! And Mishin is amazing coach, all Liza's jumps are textbook.

Custom Title

I look forward to seeing her on the Junior Grand Prix. And she doesn't just skate into a jump-she is doing choreo.

Custom Title

better than mao!

how old is eliza?

That was just insane!

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    better than mao!

how old is eliza?
    Liza is 13 years old

Mashimaro on Ice

It looks good. But let's see if she can keep it through puberty. There's also the scrutiny of the tech callers.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    better than mao!

how old is eliza?
    Better than Mao at 19 (after puerty). How does she compare to 13 y/o Mao?

Anywya Elza is amazing, hope she continues to improve

Custom Title

Comparison

Here is a clip that is fairly comparable from Midori Ito when she was about Eliza's age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7nkY0iAC0k

Eliza's Triple Axel is no match for Midori Ito in terms of height or speed, yet. It doesn't mean she can't one day however. 13 is very young and being able to do a Triple Axel this well is quite remarkable. But it is indeed a little too soon to crown her the "Next One" just yet.

Mashimaro on Ice

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Better than Mao at 19 (after puerty). How does she compare to 13 y/o Mao?

Anywya Elza is amazing, hope she continues to improve
    This is Mao's 3A at 14 (a year older). As you see, it's also pretty easy and done with choreography. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPbb...eature=related

But of course with Mishin as her coach, she's in good hands. I just hope he doesn't let her focus too much on the jumps in the future.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

Wow and just wow!
    I hope she can fulfil her great potential.
    Does anyone if the Russian Fed will assign her two JGPs for sure, or will she have to do great in some summer comps?

__________________________________________________ ________
    The danish blog about figure skating www.sequinsgalore.blogspot.com

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Wow and just wow!
    I hope she can fulfil her great potential.
    Does anyone if the Russian Fed will assign her two JGPs for sure, or will she have to do great in some summer comps?
    Oh, of course she will get two JGP's, she is Senior Nationals silver and bronze medalist, one of the main hopes for Sochi
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 07-03-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    This was posted by parasolka
    over on FSU and I thought it would be food for some discussion.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Professo...16202774189826

I hope its okay that I posted it, it wasn't in the paid section.
    Based on the clip, the jump appears to be slightly under-rotated as I can see a part of the rotation was completed on the ice (as she continued to rotate after she landed). Though, it is minor and under the new rules, it would not be downgraded to a Double Axel. For a 13 year old, this is pretty amazing indeed.

Custom Title

Let's not get too carried away.

1) She hasn't hit puperty yet
    2) This is only a practice session. Everyone does quad toe in practice. The success rate maybe 1/100, but was captured on video. Wait until she lands one in competition before crowning her the new triple axel girl.

Wally it looked to me that she more finished the jump with a nice flowing edge, than that she was finishing a revolution. Its hard to know and I'm not an expert. No, its not as good as Midori's but if everyone was compared to Midori, they almost all should stop jumping. Midori had unreal spring in her jumps. Elizaveta though is a lot younger than Midori (and she doesn't have things like wraps) Ito was not perfect. I thought that the jump had nice height and a very good controlled landing.

As for Elizaveta it is totally right that 13 is 13 and there is still puberty. Reports are that Mishin took a look at her parents before he took Elizaveta on, and well apparently both of her parents are short, (and I guess not that big either) so Elizaveta isn't expected to grow that much more, although you never now puberty is puberty.

The thing about Elizaveta though that makes her different from lets say a Zhang or a Meissner, is Elizaveta has very good technique on all of her jumps. Something neither of those girls had, Meissner if I recall had a tendency to muscle her jumps. It helps to that Eliza will only be what 17, when the Olympics comes around, so it may be that puberty won't even be completely there by then as well. :lol:

I think the fact that Eliza is doing the jumps correctly now, will help her with puberty. Talk is that Mishin is the type of coach who teaches jumps in away that involves exercises to prepare people to learn the jump etc...He tries to avoid all kinds of falls on jumps etc, and focuses on learning it correctly. He's also reportedly being very careful with her, when it comes to her training. Yes, she's trying things like triple axels, but the jumps she's doing are correct. Different from when a coach just allows a student to throw jumps anywhich way regardless of how they are done.

While Mishin is horrible at packaging his students, the fact that she has him teaching her the jumps is to her advantage (of course he has less experience with ladies, but I seem to recall that was by his choice). My only hope is though that someone else packages her, because Mishin is not good at that. Of course how much of Plushenko's choregraphic choices were Mishins and how much were Plushenko's is up for debate. Plushy was in many ways better there when he was younger.
    Last edited by bekalc; 07-04-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast