Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel | Golden Skate

Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Her technique is very very good, and she does it with ease... What a talent! And Mishin is amazing coach, all Liza's jumps are textbook.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I look forward to seeing her on the Junior Grand Prix. And she doesn't just skate into a jump-she is doing choreo.

miki88

Medalist
It looks good. But let's see if she can keep it through puberty. There's also the scrutiny of the tech callers.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wow and just wow! :eek:
I hope she can fulfil her great potential.
Does anyone if the Russian Fed will assign her two JGPs for sure, or will she have to do great in some summer comps?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow and just wow! :eek:
I hope she can fulfil her great potential.
Does anyone if the Russian Fed will assign her two JGPs for sure, or will she have to do great in some summer comps?

Oh, of course she will get two JGP's, she is Senior Nationals silver and bronze medalist, one of the main hopes for Sochi ;)

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
It looks good. But let's see if she can keep it through puberty. There's also the scrutiny of the tech callers.

That jump though is huge, and it looks to me to be backwards. Its hard to know with puberty because puberty is puberty. But Elizaveta has very good technique which is only going to help her.

Eliza absolutely could end up benefiting when it comes to the new rules, because she has all of the triples and very good 3/3s.

wallylutz

Medalist
This was posted by parasolka
over on FSU and I thought it would be food for some discussion.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ProfessorMishin/Pinzolo2010#5489116202774189826

I hope its okay that I posted it, it wasn't in the paid section.

Based on the clip, the jump appears to be slightly under-rotated as I can see a part of the rotation was completed on the ice (as she continued to rotate after she landed). Though, it is minor and under the new rules, it would not be downgraded to a Double Axel. For a 13 year old, this is pretty amazing indeed.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Let's not get too carried away.

1) She hasn't hit puperty yet
2) This is only a practice session. Everyone does quad toe in practice. The success rate maybe 1/100, but was captured on video. Wait until she lands one in competition before crowning her the new triple axel girl.

wallylutz

Medalist
Comparison

Here is a clip that is fairly comparable from Midori Ito when she was about Eliza's age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7nkY0iAC0k

Eliza's Triple Axel is no match for Midori Ito in terms of height or speed, yet. It doesn't mean she can't one day however. 13 is very young and being able to do a Triple Axel this well is quite remarkable. But it is indeed a little too soon to crown her the "Next One" just yet.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Re: Comparison

I think with Mishin being her coach and the whole Russian attitude of big jumps that she will put a 3A in her official programs eventually. Like maybe one in her free skate at first and then maybe 2 and then the short program.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Re: Comparison

I think with Mishin being her coach and the whole Russian attitude of big jumps that she will put a 3A in her official programs eventually. Like maybe one in her free skate at first and then maybe 2 and then the short program.

Well, on this video she is obviously trying her 3A in a program with music and choreography, so I think she is going to do it in the competitions (which means the jump is consistant enough).

As for puberty, I think Liza will be fine. Her technique is excellent, it will help, and she has the best jump coach in the world

miki88

Medalist
Better than Mao at 19 (after puerty). How does she compare to 13 y/o Mao?

Anywya Elza is amazing, hope she continues to improve

This is Mao's 3A at 14 (a year older). As you see, it's also pretty easy and done with choreography. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPbbUeQ3Kw&feature=related

But of course with Mishin as her coach, she's in good hands. I just hope he doesn't let her focus too much on the jumps in the future.

rtureck

Final Flight
Thanks miki and joy. I think Elza will most likely put the 3a in her program. So the ISU rule change may enot b just targeting one skater like so many ppl talked about.