Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Custom Title

Re: Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I think with Mishin being her coach and the whole Russian attitude of big jumps that she will put a 3A in her official programs eventually. Like maybe one in her free skate at first and then maybe 2 and then the short program.
    Well, on this video she is obviously trying her 3A in a program with music and choreography, so I think she is going to do it in the competitions (which means the jump is consistant enough).

As for puberty, I think Liza will be fine. Her technique is excellent, it will help, and she has the best jump coach in the world

On the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post

Eliza's Triple Axel is no match for Midori Ito in terms of height or speed, yet.
    NOBODY jumps like Midori!

Mashimaro on Ice

Re: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Better than Mao at 19 (after puerty). How does she compare to 13 y/o Mao?

Anywya Elza is amazing, hope she continues to improve
    This is Mao's 3A at 14 (a year older). As you see, it's also pretty easy and done with choreography. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPbb...eature=related

But of course with Mishin as her coach, she's in good hands. I just hope he doesn't let her focus too much on the jumps in the future.

On the Ice

This is Mao at age 13.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYgctMvH6kA&

You can see 12yr old Mao around 6:00.
    She did 3A during her practice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADfdATePXo&

Custom Title

Thanks miki and joy. I think Elza will most likely put the 3a in her program. So the ISU rule change may enot b just targeting one skater like so many ppl talked about.

Custom Title

The girl looks very sharp.
    Of course, we all have learned not to watch a skater who weighs 70 pounds and declare her the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Wally it looked to me that she more finished the jump with a nice flowing edge, than that she was finishing a revolution. Its hard to know and I'm not an expert. No, its not as good as Midori's but if everyone was compared to Midori, they almost all should stop jumping. Midori had unreal spring in her jumps. Elizaveta though is a lot younger than Midori (and she doesn't have things like wraps) Ito was not perfect. I thought that the jump had nice height and a very good controlled landing.

As for Elizaveta it is totally right that 13 is 13 and there is still puberty. Reports are that Mishin took a look at her parents before he took Elizaveta on, and well apparently both of her parents are short, (and I guess not that big either) so Elizaveta isn't expected to grow that much more, although you never now puberty is puberty.

The thing about Elizaveta though that makes her different from lets say a Zhang or a Meissner, is Elizaveta has very good technique on all of her jumps. Something neither of those girls had, Meissner if I recall had a tendency to muscle her jumps. It helps to that Eliza will only be what 17, when the Olympics comes around, so it may be that puberty won't even be completely there by then as well. :lol:

I think the fact that Eliza is doing the jumps correctly now, will help her with puberty. Talk is that Mishin is the type of coach who teaches jumps in away that involves exercises to prepare people to learn the jump etc...He tries to avoid all kinds of falls on jumps etc, and focuses on learning it correctly. He's also reportedly being very careful with her, when it comes to her training. Yes, she's trying things like triple axels, but the jumps she's doing are correct. Different from when a coach just allows a student to throw jumps anywhich way regardless of how they are done.

While Mishin is horrible at packaging his students, the fact that she has him teaching her the jumps is to her advantage (of course he has less experience with ladies, but I seem to recall that was by his choice). My only hope is though that someone else packages her, because Mishin is not good at that. Of course how much of Plushenko's choregraphic choices were Mishins and how much were Plushenko's is up for debate. Plushy was in many ways better there when he was younger.
    Last edited by bekalc; 07-04-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Mashimaro on Ice

I do remember hearing Mishin say that she is the "gold medal" hope for Russia in 2014. I've seen videos of her skating and she does have a commanding presence on the ice even at her age. I think if she survives puberty, has the right package, and consistency (perhaps most important factor) this girl will become a strong contender in Sochi.
    Last edited by miki88; 07-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    While Mishin is horrible at packaging his students, the fact that she has him teaching her the jumps is to her advantage (of course he has less experience with ladies, but I seem to recall that was by his choice). My only hope is though that someone else packages her, because Mishin is not good at that.
    But what's wrong with Liza's package? She doesn't have only jumps and nothing more, she also has good skating skills, speed, her spins and spirals are getting better, her programs and choreography are very good for 13 y.o., and I especially like her arms. I think she is in very good hands now. And it's not like Mishin is the only one who workes with her, no, she has at least one other coach, choreographer, off-ice coach, etc. I think they all did a good job with her. And take a look at other girls from Mishin's group, Darya Medvedeva, for example. She also has good programs and decent skating skills

Lucky

Packaging isn't necessarily about a skater's skills. Its about how the skills are put together. I.e the music choices, how the skater relates to the music, the program etc. There are some coaches that are very good technical coaches. Their students always have good basics ,decent spins, good jumps, good skating skills.

Then there are other coaches like Tarasova, who really aren't good at the technical stuff. I.e Tarasova's never coached a singles skater from the ground up. She didn't teach Yagudin how to do a quad. Yagudin had all of his skills when he came to her, but what she helped him with was packaging. And with Ilia strategizing.. Tarasova probably couldn't teach a student how to do a quad, but she could help a student with a quad have better choregraphy.

There is a room and place for both Mishin and Tarasovas. In reality the best thing would be for both to work together. I would say though that in a lot of ways I think the harder job of course is Mishin's. Easier to package students, I would suspect than to teach someone how to skate, how to jump.

Mishin never failed his students when it comes to their skills. Plushenko (had very good skating skills in his prime for his time) decent spins for 6.0, good jumps etc. He certainly didn't fail Yagudin, or Urmanov in that department either. Where perhaps Mishin wasn't the best at was giving his skaters programs that truly highlighted their skills. Although in fairness to him, it was always Urmanov's costumes more than his programs that bothered me.

My feelings are Plushenko was one of the most talented skaters ever... But I think the choregraphy left much to be desired. I think he could have been better if someone like Tarasova/Morosov as a team, or Lori Nichol, David Wilson was handling all the details of his choregraphy.

Eliza does seem to be much better packaged. Maybe Mishin's taste for females is different. Maybe the choregrapher is just better. At her age, the best thing for her though is to be with Mishin, because she should be focused right now on developing her skills and getting good technique. A skater should never go to a Tarasova if the skills, technique isn't already there and solid. I think Mishin's doing a good job with her now, and she should only leave if she's not improving in all areas.
    Last edited by bekalc; 07-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Custom Title

OMG!! OMG, OMG!! I think it's my first time screaming '' Oh MY GOD '' out loud after watching a skating video... WOW, can see do the triple axel in the short program? Well, yeah this 13 year old could be a real threat to the gold medal in 2014!! We'll be hopefully seeing lots of quads and triple axels in the next Olympics! But wow!! Very clean to me!!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

Actual leave aside Plushenko Mishin's team has a lot of choreographers and facial expression ones, including people from ballet academies etc. There was a german documentary , somewhere in google videos now, about russia team back in 2004 and had step by step how Tirbure to Nijinski was choreographed and you would see how they worked and at the process Mishin taking off one thing after the other! Choreographer was Yuri Smekalov -now working for Marinski Theater and the original choreo was marvelous! He has made also Gachinsky's Narcisus last season. I dont know if he has worked with Elisabetta yet but I wish he will, but I saw her in CoR and she is really a beauty to watch, has big versality in her programs, her ex was a tango I think and then I saw a Michael Jackson one. I love her!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Beautiful jump. Her skating skills are also very impressive...and those will hold up during puberty.

On the Ice

Mishin's young girls programs last year:

Liza Tuktamisheva l.p. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42_3...os=bBU42nHkHkk
    Liza is 12 y.o. here. Seniorita, this "tango" she was skating at COR gala this year?

Dasha Medvedeva s.p. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHWNs...os=euqoTmA8PB0
    If I'm right she is 11 y.o. here.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    I'm with Bekalc on this. I wouldn't go so far as to crown her the next coming of Jesus, but I think she has very strong foundations (good technique). She doesn't jump with her ankles like most junior jumping beans do. She jumps just the way I like it: translating speed, momentum & torque into a massive jump. Very strong skater. I hope she can maintain and improve on her immense talent. If so, she could become the OGM contender of Sochi, with a full set of triples (most GOE-friendly) & a great 3A.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast