Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Custom Title

Re: Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Thanks miki and joy. I think Elza will most likely put the 3a in her program. So the ISU rule change may enot b just targeting one skater like so many ppl talked about.
    She's 13 years old...in the next 4 years who knows. For now, the new rules is definitely targeted for 1 skater.
    Last edited by brownfox; 07-04-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Custom Title

Wow. Just incredibly impressed. That triple axel was fantastic!
    The up-n-coming Russian girls are gonna be fierce!

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by brownfox View Post
    She's 13 years old...in the next 4 years who knows. For now, the new rules is definitely targeted for 1 skater.
    Oh??? the same rules don't apply to juniors? I think even if she can not use the 3a in her sp as the requird axel jump, she can still put the triple axel as the solo triple jump in her sp, and she definitely can put the 3a in her lp. I also think the rule of rewarding rotations slightly less than 3.5 turns will apply to her tioo. She should be able to compete as a senior in 2 yrs. Anyway just thinking about the current here and now is IMO a bit short sighted, at least the ISU is thinking a bit long term. Actually I care more about the spiral part of the rule that it is optional, and I hope some skaters do delete the spiral sequence from their programs

Back to Elza, I heard Mishin has more pupils who are capable of 3a.
    Last edited by rtureck; 07-05-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Custom Title

That was very impressive , but I think we'll just have to wait and see how much her body changes in the coming years, she still looks so tiny and delicate out there. It's great that she's doing 3a at such a young age, looking at the clip, she doesn't have much speed going into it, but the jump is still nice and (seemingly) rotated. It will be interesting to see if the other Russian and American girls will be able to keep up with her in the coming season, or if Liza will dominate everything.

Custom Title
    A friend of me saw her in the training camp. I was not able to speak a lot with my friend, so I have no other infos, but she told me, that Liza looks much taller than last year. (My friend also saw her last year in the training camp in Mittenwald)

I think, that the JGP will be really intressting. With all the young, talented girls, the Americans, the Japan Girls and the other talents from different countries, it will be a hard fight for the Final spots.
    I don´t believe that Liza will dominate. In this young age it is normal that the confident is not allways there. And the other russian girls beat her at Junior Nationals last season. And of course, it is good for all the talents, that they don´t dominate and have to fight in every competition.
    This year, it is the year, with the most promised skaters in the JGP since Mao and Yu-Na. Thats fantastic, and we all will have a lot of fun with these girls!

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    A friend of me saw her in the training camp. I was not able to speak a lot with my friend, so I have no other infos, but she told me, that Liza looks much taller than last year. (My friend also saw her last year in the training camp in Mittenwald)

I think, that the JGP will be really intressting. With all the young, talented girls, the Americans, the Japan Girls and the other talents from different countries, it will be a hard fight for the Final spots.
    I don´t believe that Liza will dominate. In this young age it is normal that the confident is not allways there. And the other russian girls beat her at Junior Nationals last season. And of course, it is good for all the talents, that they don´t dominate and have to fight in every competition.
    This year, it is the year, with the most promised skaters in the JGP since Mao and Yu-Na. Thats fantastic, and we all will have a lot of fun with these girls!
    Potentially, yes, but we'll have to wait and see which, if any, skaters are struggling with growing pains and/or nerves in the coming season. Liza and Adelina gave some fantastic performances last year, but also had a few meltdowns. Anything can happen, but even if these girls make lots of mistakes, the potential and moments of brilliance will still be visible in their performances.

Custom Title

Wow, that's impressive! But I will reserve my assessment as to how she compares to Mao, for Mao was landing one on pretty consistent basis at that age.

Custom Title

My favourite Russian skater is actually Adelina Sotnikova who'll also be competing next season in the Junior Grand Prix! I want to see Junior girls breaking 180 mark next season since that's never really done before! The Junior record is still Mao Asada at the 2005 Junior World at 179.24!!

Junior Records

1. Mao Asada 179.24 ( 2005 Junior World Championship )
    2. Yu-Na Kim 177.54 ( 2006 Junior World Championship )
    3. Rachel Flatt 172.19 ( 2008 Junior World Championship )

There have been only three girls who broke 170 mark at the Junior level... And Mao Asada's the only girl who landed a triple axel at any Junior event!

I have a good feeling this season, skaters like Elizaveta and Adelina will start breaking 180 marks and even 190!!

Custom Title

Polina Agafonova, Eliza T and Adelina Sotnikova are the ones to look out for. So far Adelina is my favorite but Eliza T has better jumps imo.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Polina Agafonova, Eliza T and Adelina Sotnikova are the ones to look out for. So far Adelina is my favorite but Eliza T has better jumps imo.
    Don't forget Polina Shelepen and Anna Ovcharova! Polina S can do several different 3-3 combinations and Anna got a really big FS score at Russian Junior Nats and is working on 3-3s as well. Also, Roza Sheveleva was looking good at that last Russian Cup event in the spring.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Don't forget Polina Shelepen and Anna Ovcharova! Polina S can do several different 3-3 combinations and Anna got a really big FS score at Russian Junior Nats and is working on 3-3s as well. Also, Roza Sheveleva was looking good at that last Russian Cup event in the spring.
    Thanks.... I also like Polina Shelepen.

There's a lot of futures of Russian skating not just one. I can't wait to see how they grow. I really enjoy their skating.

I don't remember seeing Anna Ovcharova skating.

Custom Title

She won the SP at Junior Worlds and is very fun to watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-c5Jw6MuE

My favorite young Russians are Liza and Julia Lipnitskaya (though other girls are amazing too), hope to see Liza's 3A at the competitions!

Custom Title

Thanks.... I also like Polina Shelepen.

There's a lot of futures of Russian skating not just one. I can't wait to see how they grow. I really enjoy their skating.

Really? She made quite a splash this season on the JGP and Russian scene. She's very expressive and musical and has a bit more elegance and maturity than a lot of other girls her age.

Her SP at JW was fantastic (link above^^) and her LP at Russian Junior Nationals was also great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_EytmJFwk . Technique on jumps is not the best, but she does have all her triples and is very young. So many promising qualities in this girl, and she improved hugely last season, if she can keep it up, I think she could be a threat to those other Russian girls. The judges at JW appeared to be willing to give her the JW title (or at the very least, a medal) had she only had her Russian Juniors LP at JW (her FS there was a bit of a mess, likely the nerves got to her), as her SP score was quite high.

I'm very excited to see how these young Russian ladies will grow and develop. So much talent coming up in one batch! Eliza T. and Anna Ovcharova especially are fantastic. Eliza T.'s 3A is clean and light; I hope and believe it will survive the test of puberty.

Custom Title

Thank you Lucky Star for the response and link. I looked her up later that day. Ok oops. I remember seeing her in that competition where I thought she came in 1st in the short program but I'll have to check again. Off to check...

Okay it was the junior world championship. She came in 1st in the short and then 8th in the long.

Polina A came in third overall and Polina S came in fourth.
    Last edited by lavender; 07-08-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast