Bebe | Golden Skate

Bebe

shine

Record Breaker
tharrtell said:
Check out her bio ... quite impressive ...
She learned her first Mozart concerto at age 6, only half a year after starting lessons ...
Somehow I'm having a hard time believing that. Mozart piano concerto after 1 year of starting piano at 6... Is she like the second coming of Mozart??

Except that Mozart was composing keyboard music at 6, LOL.

"She (Bebe) is active in classical piano competitions ... Has won numerous piano awards, the latest being a bronze medal from the Southern California Junior Bach Festival in September 2002 ... She learned her first Mozart concerto at age 6, only half a year after starting lessons ... She performed as the soloist with the Pasadena Summer Youth Orchestra when she was 9 ... She maintains a full load at her high school ... She has been a straight-A student every year since the first grade and graduated as elementary valedictorian in the sixth grade (receiving the Founders' Award Scholarship)."

Well, maybe it was only a sonata. Still, WOW! :love: :love: :love:

Mathman

Germanice

On the Ice
Sorry, the link doesn't work for me.
Who's "Bebe"? :confused: Really someone I should know? ;)

Anke

Last edited:

Fossi

Final Flight
She is amazing! Let's hope she does what Sarah did and skates with her heart and soul.

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
Heck, Bebe's already skated at the Olympics! Of course in SLC it was just in the opening, but who knows in Turino!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anke, I wouldn't be at all surprised with a Japanese lady winning the OGM. Or Kostner. And you've got a good point: a better description for Bebe might be a future US champion and leave the World predictions until she (and those other little upcoming skaters) have at least managed to win their Nationals.
Doris

Anke and Doris - Part of my somewhat off the wall prediction has to do with Bebe's age. How far do you have to go back to find an OGM in the Ladies Division where the winner was not a teenager?

As for the Japanes Ladies, I agree, and I think Yukina Ota will be the tough competition. Kostner? Ok, a bronze.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
Anke, I wouldn't be at all surprised with a Japanese lady winning the OGM. Or Kostner. And you've got a good point: a better description for Bebe might be a future US champion and leave the World predictions until she (and those other little upcoming skaters) have at least managed to win their Nationals.
Doris

Unless they pull a Sarah Hughes and don't even bother to win a Nationals before winning an OGM! :D

Remember, you heard it here first: Gold, Bebe; Silver, Yukina; Bronze, Carolina. If it comes true Joe will be awarded the Dick Button Olympics Prognosticator Award.

What about Michelle? We've already decided on the other thread that she will be kicked out of the Olympics for carrying on with her coach.

Mathman