Grand Prix changes - additions and deletions | Golden Skate

Grand Prix changes - additions and deletions

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well I figured that it's about time to start this thread...so here are some changes....some we knew about and some we didn't.

Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer have been added to the dance roster at Japan.

McLaughlin and Brubaker have withdrawn from pairs at Skate Canada and Skate America.

The Zaretsky's have withdrawn from dance at Skate America.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I thought Rubleva and Shefer were retiring? Maybe the lack of Domnina and Shabalin and Khokhlova and Novitski changed their minds.. because really, who knows how Khokhlova and Andreev are going to turn out

Sylvia

Record Breaker
MEN:
Grant Hochstein (USA) replaces Johnny Weir at Skate Canada.
Zoltan Kelemen (ROU) replaces Weir at TEB.
Alexandr Kazakov (BLR) has been crossed off the TEB list.

DANCE:
Alessandrini/Vaturi (ITA) get a 2nd assignment, replacing the Zaretskis at Skate America.
Mysliveckova/Novak (CZE) get their 1st assignment at Cup of Russia (they replace Zadorozhniuk/Verbillo (UKR) who have split/retired.

These changes are published in the Entries charts by discipline: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
And let's not forget Yu-Na. I wonder who will get her spots.

I bet some combination of Chetlzie Lee/Min-Jung Kwak/Amanda Dobbs, but Amanda I guess still has a shot at getting a host pick for singles or pairs at SA so that would mean 3 competitions in a row if she got one of Yuna's openings. So likely Lee and Kwak, or maybe someone else.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Alla Beknazarova/Vladimir Zuez from the Ukraine have with drawn from the ice dance competition at the NHK trophy.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
From the ISU Grand Prix Announcement:
3.1 Confirmation of Participation of Seeded skaters/couples
The ISU Members must confirm the participation of the seeded skaters/couples and “come-back” skaters/couples in the two events designated for points to the ISU Secretariat by August 15, 2010. If a seeded skater/couple or “come-back” skater/couple does not participate in the event(s) for which they are designated, there will be no substitute event(s).

3.2 Confirmation of Participation of Invited skaters/couples
The invitations for participation for skaters/couples, besides the seeded ones and “come-back skaters/couples, will be forwarded to the ISU Members concerned through the Organizing Member of the respective ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event. The Members of these invited skaters/couples must confirm participation to the ISU Secretariat, and the Organizing ISU Member by August 15, 2010.

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Some more updates

Lubov Iliushechkina/Nodari Maisuradze of Russia have been added to the pair roster at Skate Canada.

Christina Beier and William Beier of Germany have withdrawn from the dance competition at Skate Canada.

Lucie Mysiveckova/Matej Novak of the Czech Republic have been added to the dance competition at the NHK trophy.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Lots of updates today

Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer of Russia have withdrawn from the dance competition at NHK Trophy.

Stefanie Frohberg/Tim Giesen of Germany have been added to the dance competition at Skate Canada.

Artem Borordulin of Russia has been added to the men's roster at Russia.

Rena Inoue/John Baldwin of the US have withdrawn from the pairs competition at NHK Trophy.

Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirov of Russia have withdrawn from the pairs competition at Skate Canada.

Kristina Gorshkov/Vitali Butikov of Russia have been added to the dance competition at Russia.

Ekaterina Riazanova/Ilia Tkachenko of Russia have been added to the dance competition at France.

Yu-Na Kim has officially been withdrawn from her Grand Prix assignments.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
LOTS OF CHANGES TODAY:

Ladies

Min-Jung Kwak gets her 2nd evenet at Cup of China, replacing Yu-na.
and shockingly Jenna McCorkell gets the TBA spot for Japan at NHK. Why on earth they are not using that spot for some of their countless very talented ladies is beyond me..

Men

Amodio finally gets the TBA spot at the Bompard event.

Pairs
Yankowskas & Coughlin get NHK!! which is great cause that way they have a week to rest between events and there are still two TBA spots for American teams..

Dance
BlancBouquet replace RublevaShefer at NHK.. Which means we'll have another french team at TEB, is there any? or will they chose from another federation?..

sillylionlove

Medalist
Some more changes

Narumi Takahashi/ Mervin Tran of Japan have been added to the roster in pairs at NHK.

Cathy Reed and Chris Reed of Japan have been added to the dance at NHK.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Lots of updates today

Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer of Russia have withdrawn from the dance competition at NHK Trophy.

Stefanie Frohberg/Tim Giesen of Germany have been added to the dance competition at Skate Canada.

Artem Borordulin of Russia has been added to the men's roster at Russia.

Rena Inoue/John Baldwin of the US have withdrawn from the pairs competition at NHK Trophy.

Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirov of Russia have withdrawn from the pairs competition at Skate Canada.

Kristina Gorshkov/Vitali Butikov of Russia have been added to the dance competition at Russia.

Ekaterina Riazanova/Ilia Tkachenko of Russia have been added to the dance competition at France.

Yu-Na Kim has officially been withdrawn from her Grand Prix assignments.

I'm sorry Kavaguti and Smirnov won't be at Skate Canada. Even if they win the Cup of Russia they won't have enough points for the GPF. Too bad; but I am happy about Artem Borordulin.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Lots of additions today.

Xiaoyang Yu/Chen Wang of China have been added to the dance roster at China.

Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Guilietti-Schmitt of the US have been added to the dance roster at Skate America.

Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford of Canada have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Canada.

Stacy Kemp and David King of Great Britain have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Canada.

Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir of the US have been added to the pairs roster at Skate America.

Katarina Gerboldt/Alexander Enbert of Russia have been added to the pairs roster at Russia.

Amelie Lacoste of Canada has been added to the ladies roster at Skate Canada.

Myriane Samson of Canada has been added to the ladies roster at Skate Canada.

Bingwa Geng of China has been added to the ladies roster at China.

Quiying Zhu of China has been added to the ladies roster at China.

Alexe Gilles of the US has been added to the ladies roster at Skate America.

Sofya Biryukova of Russia has been added to the ladies roster at Russia.

Jeremy Ten of Canada has been added to the mens roster at Skate Canada.

Peitong Chen of China has been added to the mens roster at China.

Jialiang Wu of China has been added to the mens roster at China.

Armin Mahbohoozadeh of the US has been added to the mens roster at Skate America.

Kostantin Menshov of Russia has been added to the mens roster at Russia.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
So nobody has replaced Yuna at Russia yet? I really hope that spot goes to Cheltzie Lee!

I would have guessed Joshi Helgesson or Yan Liu would be assigned over Cheltzie. Possibly Dobbs or Musademba, but doubt if the Russians want a third US lady there. :laugh: So what else is still left to fill on the GP?

Ladies--Yuna's vacated spot at Rostel + 2 French spots at TEB. Will the French likely use both or just their host pick spot? Room for Marchei or Glebova?

Men--full up

Dance--1 TEB spot--do the French have any other teams they can put out there?

Pairs--1 TEB spot + 1 SA spot + 1 CoC spot. I presume these are all host pick slots and each federation will keep it for one of it's own teams. ETA: there is a bit of scuttlebutt going on in Beijing that one of the Zhangs (him I think) is newly injured, and may have to pull out of the GP. No confirmation yet on this rumor though.

Last edited: