Has Alissa been skating recently? | Golden Skate

Has Alissa been skating recently?

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
There hasn't been much about fast spinning Alissa lately. I was wondering if she has plans to compete in the Liberty open like she has the last two seasons. If so, we shall know that she is going to continue with eligible skating. If not, vice versa.

Well I could be wrong because she has in the past had a few warm up competions. We shall just have to see.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Just because she didn't do Grand Rapids Open (like she has for the last couple years) or may not do Liberty doesn't necessarily mean she's not continuing. During Grand Rapids, she had a clinic going on. She may do Skate Detroit or DuPage Open instead if she has later GP events.

gold12345

Medalist
Touring with Stars on Ice this year could also have made it harder to prepare for the season as soon as she would like. If she skips a summer competition or two, it wouldn't be surprising.

R.D.

Record Breaker
She has a couple GP assignments (yes, I know, that proves everything right?)...so, I was under the impression that she was continuing- I think she even said she wanted to do so. But don't most skaters take a bit of a break about now?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Her decision to switch coaches to Yuka Sato is also a pretty good indication that she is not giving up. Probably depends on how she does over the summer in training. It'd be so nice to see her skate two solid programs at nationals.

Last edited:

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Thanks Layfan and R.D. I now think she will come into this season with more confidence than ever. I'm so glad she chose Yuka for coaching. Look at what Yuka did for Jeremy last season. I also hope that she will continue consulting with Brian Boitano and Linda Leaver. If her program music choices are good combined with coaching, consulting and great people all around her hopefully she shall be able to deliver the goods more often in competion. :thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Alissa performed in a few of the Detroit Skating Club shows last month, but I guess Mathman was unable to go this year and write up his usual detailed reports...

She's not scheduled to compete at Liberty, but I haven't heard about Skate Detroit yet.

Last edited: