Country
United-States
2 - 3 Oct in Saitama, Japan

Senior Ladies & Men (invitational)

sorcerer

Final Flight
The website is here:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2010/

Team Japan is Asada-Ando-Takahashi-Kozuka, already announced.
Team North America and Team Europe not yet given, but some skaters have mentioned about the possibilities.

This year the game seems to be all eligible skaters competing.
Takeshi Honda is a "guest skater" so he's not in the team.

If Lambiel comes, he'll also be a "guest skater", I think.

This Japan Open should be a try-out chance for the top Japanese skaters to get accustomed to the new rules, because those top members usually aren't assigned to international B comps.
Maybe not the case for the members of other teams but still a season-opening challenge for sure.

Rochette did very well last year in this comp.

JO is somewhat a cheesefest but the judging is IJS and the protocol comes out for the individual skaters, so never an event to be thrown away.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Final Flight
Yes, so I see it now on the website!

Then it'll be only Team Japan without a pro .....
If Lambiel gets in Team Europe, that is.

sigrid

On the Ice
Wow the 2 teams sound really competitive. But unfortunately I don't think Lambiel can be a part of the Team Europe, Japan Open is one of that "competitions" where he is banned for 2 years
Nevertheless he can perform in the gala

NMURA

Medalist
JO is "open" for eligible and ineligible (i.e. pro) skaters. Inviting Lambiel should be no problem and he'll have it. I'm curious if Plushenko comes. He's working very actively in Japan these days.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Rochette will dominate this one like last year if she participates

I think she has a shot, but I feel like the Ladies' field here is very strong. Apart from the obvious strength of the Japanese, Lepisto's coming off of a bronze at World's and Nagasu a 4th-place finish at Olympics. The only person that we can safely say she'll beat is Meier.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Wow the 2 teams sound really competitive. But unfortunately I don't think Lambiel can be a part of the Team Europe, Japan Open is one of that "competitions" where he is banned for 2 years
Nevertheless he can perform in the gala

Why? What happened?

ordinary person

On the Ice
I think she has a shot, but I feel like the Ladies' field here is very strong. Apart from the obvious strength of the Japanese, Lepisto's coming off of a bronze at World's and Nagasu a 4th-place finish at Olympics. The only person that we can safely say she'll beat is Meier.

4th place at olympics,but lower at world's, sadly she's not that great like she proved last season,she shouldn't be any threats to anyone at all.

NMURA

Medalist
Nagasu out
Phaneuf in

Many of you must be disappointed. The official site says just "injury". Nagasu already has canceled trips to Japan three times in just about one year. I'm afraid she won't be invited to IMG related events in Japan in future.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I thought Nagasu has a stress fracture in her foot and has been off the ice for a few weeks. If so, she's got more immediate problems and things to worry about than not being invited to IMG events in Japan in the future. So far, she's still on the roster for GP events, the first of which is CoC in November.

NMURA

Medalist
I thought Nagasu has a stress fracture in her foot and has been off the ice for a few weeks. If so, she's got more immediate problems and things to worry about than not being invited to IMG events in Japan in the future. So far, she's still on the roster for GP events, the first of which is CoC in November.

I'm not sure about that. They say just "injury" and no idea how it's "serious". One thing true is that this is the 4th cancellation in one year. It surely affects her popularity in Japan.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
I'm not sure about that. They say just "injury" and no idea how it's "serious". One thing true is that this is the 4th cancellation in one year. It surely affects her popularity in Japan.

I don't find any words blaming Mirai for her cancellation in the Japanese board. Do you? People just worry her injury.