Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Japan Open

Custom Title
    insane score by Adam Rippon. OMG.

Custom Title
    Rippon's score shows the power of a clean backloaded program!

Custom Title
    Oh wow, I forgot it was today! I could totally have watched live! *hits forehead* Woot for Rippon!!!! That's an amazing start of the season for him!! Too bad Kozuka fell... But Team Japan is still in the lead, so he's done enough. What time do the Ladies hit the ice?? (I'll try not to miss that)

ETA: okay, so apparantly there isn't a feed and apparantly the Ladies have practically finished Neeever mind...

Custom Title
    So what happened to Mao Asada?

Custom Title
    I finally finished all my work and immediately ran here & fsu to see the results!

I'm happy for Adam Rippon (I predicted at Nationals when I saw him for the first time he would one day be Olympic Champion, he's that good!); classic skater, inventive, a skater's skater. But I'm sad for Mao; still I didn't expect much because she's shown she's not an early season skater. She'll come on strong for 4CC & Worlds. (:^)

Zhenya's just having a good time obviously, as he should, he's earned it.

And good for Julia to be invited, and to do two 3lutzes!!!! Can't wait to see this televised!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Weee team Japan!!!
    i think kozuka tried a quad!!! And Dai did one!!!
    info from twitter I found
    http://twitter.com/Myrcnan
    Evgeni skated to Nijinski and did a sort of bielman spiral or spin and donut spin

Custom Title
    OMG, I just realized that Mao did all 5 different triples!!!!! *clapping & doing an imaginary backflip here*

On fsu a poster stated she did the following:

2a?3T
    1f
    3Z
    spin
    1.5A
    3F
    spiral
    3S!!!
    spin
    stss not smooth yet
    3R
    flying spin

That's great! She's going for all 5 different triples, and when she adds the 3A that'll be 6 different triples!!

Custom Title
    Lol, thanks so much for the link, seniorita, love it!!!! That guy's hilarious!

And OMG I can't believe Zhenya did Nijinski, as someone posted earlier today he was doing something else (can't recall at the moment). Can't wait to see it!

Custom Title
    Oops, I just noticed that Mao fell on the 3Z & the 3F, thus she got two automatic deductions (-2) off her total score for the falls. But she went for it, that's what important, also the poster said her opening 2A/3T could have been a 3A/3T? She said to watch the televison version for clarification.

This just proves she is just not a great figure skater,no offence after some of those cheating jumps last season,her skating is awful.
    Two years ago was was a lot better,and i told you Joannie was going to dominate here
    Last edited by ordinary person; 10-02-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    OMG, I just realized that Mao did all 5 different triples!!!!! *clapping & doing an imaginary backflip here*

On fsu a poster stated she did the following:

2a?3T
    1f
    3Z
    spin
    1.5A
    3F
    spiral
    3S!!!
    spin
    stss not smooth yet
    3R
    flying spin

That's great! She's going for all 5 different triples, and when she adds the 3A that'll be 6 different triples!!
    My gosh, that's awful. Why does Mao always have such terrible first showings?
    Can't wait to see the program itself though.

Adam's score is Can't wait to see the progam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yes, but of course kudos to her for trying. She never stops or compromises. Love her spunk.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    i think kozuka tried a quad!!! And Dai did one!!!
    Dai's quad fully-rotated? Flip or toe?

Custom Title
    I can't wait to see the videos showing up!! But OMG look how close the score is between Japan and North America!!! North America almost snagged this one away from a Team Japan that everyone thought was unbeatable! Congrats to Joannie and Adam for winning their events!! Looks like Joannie might really show up for Canadians to break that record! Glad Dai and Kozuka are going for quads.

Custom Title
    protocols
    http://www.skatingjapan.jp/InterNati...1/jo/index.htm

Takahashi's 4T got +2.14 GOE

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast