Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Japan Open

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    That score for Adam is ridiculous. 82.36 for components is something for an anecdote. If you switch off the music, you will never guess what music he is using. He is a slow scared boy on the ice who absolutely doesn't match the powerful passion of that music masterpiece. And it looks like nobody in the judge panel noticed that. Again.
    I thought Rippon did a good job and for early in the season I liked the way he skated his program.
    Aunt Joyce just posted how this will most likely help boost Rippon's pcs as his reputation continues to grow.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-03-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Adam's program will look a lot better in person. Like Kwan, he gains great speed without a lot of visible effort, which does not show particularly well on TV. His transitions into and out of his jumps, and his stability in the rotations, such that he can put his arms over his head in all three jumps of a three jump combo are really impressive. IMO, a lot of the choreo is very interesting, and the whole looks great for a pre-season comp.

His spins OTOH could use some work. He has that beastily Orser fake sitspin without a sit in it, (a move that I have always detested) and the rotational speed isn't that great. Call in Lucinda Ruh for some remedial work!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I thought Rippon did a good job and for early in the season I liked the way he skated his program.
    Aunt Joyce just posted how this will most likely help boost Rippon's pcs as his reputation continues to grow.
    Rippon's PCS will rise once the judges consider him as Lysacek's successor.

As meticulous and boring as Lysacek.

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Rippon's PCS will rise once the judges consider him as Lysacek's successor.

Are you are forgetting about Jeremy?

If Adam continues to skate better than Olympic and World champions that is how his reputation will rise.

I was surprised how easily he won and how much better he skated than the others. And nice to see those tano lutz jumps!
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-03-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Custom Title

Ouch!

Anyways, it's early in the season and Adam is young--I'm sure his expression, etc can only improve.

I wish he'd work on that back pumping on his crossovers, though--it's a bit distracting on an otherwise decent program.

Custom Title
    All Triples FS is Asada's goal of this season. Eight triples, if possible. Even Midori Ito didn't achieve that.
    Because women were limited to only 7 triples under the old rules.

Custom Title
    So team North America won Gold in Men and Women and a Bronze in Women, but ended up behind Japan who only has two Silvers and one Bronze at Japan Open? Japan used only eligible skaters whereas North America and Europe each had one pro skater and especially Buttle who hadn't compete in years... :sheesh:

Custom Title
    About Adam's program I think that needs more work in the step sequences, and improve a bit the flow between elements, but still 1 month left for his 1st GP event, so I think he can change parts of the program yet.
    I'm so happy he did so well in the Japan Open and I hope his "Romeo & Julliet" SP will have that quality. He seems so focused and excited about the season, and he deserves all the best... such a hard worker and kind guy.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I agree with Doris that Adam is more impressive live and there is some simplicity in his skate which is hard to find. At least this I noticed at worlds and Teb. As I didnt like last season his programs this is much better program, more mature, me I m only annoyed sometimes about his back in crossovers but he can be the next thing in USA although I hope Abott to be the one.
    Being mentioned in AUnt Joyce page it is not necessarily a good thing for me. His opinion is useless for me. It is just his personal preferences, with no objectivity or explain. He is not Tony Wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Being mentioned in AUnt Joyce page it is not necessarily a good thing for me. His opinion is useless for me. It is just his personal preferences, with no objectivity or explain. He is not Tony Wheeler.
    Offering an opinion - isn't that what you are doing?
    Does that make what you say also worthless?

In this case Aunt Joyce makes a good point. Skating well and especially wining helps boost a skater's rep and pcs may begin to rise.

Now you may not like "reputation scoring" either but that is a different issue, no?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    In MY opinion, AJ is projecting every single phobia or complex he has under the label of humor through his blog , which is supposed to be a source for figure skating rather than just a fan opinion, and he is not AT ALL polite to people who think something different than him, he is never actually replying to people's comments with objectivity, if you dont agree with him you are crap. And he bashes 99% of skaters. If you cant discuss with people dont hold a blog. If I do the same, then yes I m worthless. Maybe he has changed I havent gone there for months.
    Anyway
    Some videos from the Gala
    Jeff Buttle

Takahiko Kozuka

Evgeni Plushenko

Yuzuru Hanyu

Daisuke Takahashi

cant find the ladies for now :(
    Last edited by seniorita; 10-03-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: forgot to add Dai!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    In MY opinion, AJ is projecting every single phobia or complex he has under the label of humor through his blog , which is supposed to be a source for figure skating rather than just a fan opinion, and he is not AT ALL polite to people who think something different than him, he is never actually replying to people's comments with objectivity, if you dont agree with him you are crap. And he bashes 99% of skaters. If you cant discuss with people dont hold a blog. If I do the same, then yes I m worthless. Maybe he has changed I havent gone there for months.
    Anyway
    Some videos from the Gala
    Jeff Buttle

Takahiko Kozuka

Evgeni Plushenko

Yuzuru Hanyu
    Thanks for the clips. Your opinions about AJ are OK with me. I read it coz it makes me laugh.....just like you do at times.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Someone said that everything Rippon does is nice and elegant, but there's just now "wow" factor. I agree. Him and Abbott may be similar in style, but I just feel so much more when Abbott performs.

Custom Title
    Thank you for a clip of Hanyu :D He is my favorite Japanese skater and I was hoping that he would compete at Japan Open but an exhibition number is good too :D he was soooo close on the quad... hopefully he won't fall as much at NHK... Hanyu fighting xD

Custom Title
    I haven't watched the others yet, but that's because I'm lazy, lol. :D And tired.

Though I admit I've watched Zhenya's performance quite a few times because I love it! *clapping* Yeah I know he didn't complete his usual x-amount of triples and the quad, but then again this isn't the Olympics, just a pro-am type of fun competition in Japan, for all the athletes to enjoy (I'm still over the moon about Julia being invited! *smiles*). The real competitions begin later on this month. For now, I will continue to enjoy Evgeni's "Nijinski" masterpiece, which he owns. He is Nijinsky!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast