Japan Open | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

russell30

Final Flight
It's a shame that Rochette is not competing this year because she already looks really good. However, I can understand taking some time off after all that went through during the Olympic. I hope we haven't seen the last of her in competition. I'm sure there are a lot of ladies breathing a sigh of relief that she's not competing this year!

I thought Joannie had not decided yet, I just assumed she was not taking part in the Grand Prix? There is a TBA for her for Skate Canada?? I am sure she would re-think after Japan Open.

wallylutz

Medalist
It's a shame that Rochette is not competing this year because she already looks really good. However, I can understand taking some time off after all that went through during the Olympic. I hope we haven't seen the last of her in competition. I'm sure there are a lot of ladies breathing a sigh of relief that she's not competing this year!

Rochette has not made any decision yet about her Nationals and Worlds participation this year.

sigrid

On the Ice
Just loved this quote from Adam Rippon in a blog for Icenetwork
I went out to skate, and I was very happy to show what I had been doing in practice at home all summer. I know I can do a lot better, but I think it was a solid start to this season.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Just wow. This is my favorite program so far this season. I love the choreography (sort of reminds of Yuna's Gershwin program)---David Wilson is a genius. Adam's 3A technique and overall skating seems to have improved as well. I think he will do well this season. Here's a recent interview with Adam:

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/09/adam-rippon-poised-to-be-the-next-big-star.html

I agree! That was just extraordinary. And to Rachmaninoff, too. I hope he can repeat this during the big competitions. I could even see him winning Worlds.