Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Finlandia Trophy

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I only managed to watch Jonathan Cassar's SP the other day, which I enjoyed tremendously, as he's been a favorite of mine since I saw him skate at Nationals this past January.

He did fine here, can't wait to watch his FS, hopefully sometime late tonight if I have enough time. Looking forward to it!

Btw, his spread eagle was one of the best ones I've ever seen in my life, the lean he gets on it was out of this world!!!!! Once he ups his technical ante he'll immediately challenge for a place on the podium, that's a fact.
    It does not seem very likely that Cassar is going to up his technical ante any time soon, as he was born in late 1986, making him just about 24. OTOH, he is currently coached by Frank Carroll. Perhaps some hope can be held out for him?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Yay! Akiko won!! Can't wait for that program to hit youtube! Seems Leonova is still her usual, unreliable self. Interesting to see Kiira is able to do really well two competitions in a row; hopefully she can carry some momentum into the grand prix! What happened to Ksenia?? I really thought she was going to spoil the more 'experienced' skater's party... Perhaps she'll reach her peak later in the season?
    Ksenia was injured earlier this summer so she may have lost some valuable training time. She also peaked later in the season last year.

Custom Title

Kiira Korpi FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIUW9L1S_TY

She did not skated really well, she missed some jumps and the program needs soem polish...but...it have a really good pontecil, I loved.

Wow, Korpi looks much like Nicole in the opening pose. Funny thing Kiira is also skating to Evita. Both where stunning

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    that was so great! i love the music, program, and her dress. akiko has the best step sequences

Akiko is always so well-dressed! I love her costumes. And amazing program, she has such a great personality on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It does not seem very likely that Cassar is going to up his technical ante any time soon, as he was born in late 1986, making him just about 24. OTOH, he is currently coached by Frank Carroll. Perhaps some hope can be held out for him?
    Thanks, Doris, for that info. Lol, I never bothered to check his personal bio, which is unusual for me. I just figured he was a youngster new on the scene. This is one of the main reasons I like IN (though I do not particularly care for their customer service, huge understatement), rather it's because they show skaters I would never otherwise have been able to see on television alone.

Hmmm, I'm thinking Jonathan most likely skates because he loves to do it in the same vein as Tonia Kwiatkowski & Amber Corwin. However, in Jonathan's case I would suggest he immediately audition for The Ice Theatre of New York once he decides to retire (http://www.icetheatre.org/27.html). I love this repertory, and I think he would be a wonderful added bonus to their core stock. One day I hope to see his name on there by surprise when I open my latest newsletter from them.

For now, I will continue to enjoy his skating whenever I get the chance to, like here at The Finlandia Trophy Competition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvZyVTkJeio)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JONATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    What happened to Amanda?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    What happened to Amanda?
    Nothing out of the ordinary really, she just made a few mistakes, fell on 3f in SP and LP and then only did 2 combos in the FS (no 3 jump combo). It's early in the season, I'm not too concerned. She doesn't have the highest base value so her scores actually aren't that surprising given the mistakes she had. I'm sure she'll be better in China. Her new SP is so lovely!

Nadine, You are so right!
    Jonathan would be perfect for Ice Theate of New York!!

Custom Title
    Congratulations Arthur! Looks like being Mishin's student is paying dividends for sure. First Lisa and now Arthur!

Finnish TV broadcast some of the FD and Ladies LP. Here it is:

http://areena.yle.fi/video/1347984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4