How many people miss the graceful Angela Nikodinov? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How many people miss the graceful Angela Nikodinov?

sillylionlove

Medalist
She was such a beautiful skater. I remember seeing her in SOI and I was so impressed with her skating.

Penny

On the Ice
such a beautiful layback (which, thanks to COP, we'll never see again).

skatesindreams

Rinkside
I was in Portland; waiting to see her, on that awful day.
When she did not appear for practice, we knew that something was horribly wrong.

I miss her; and admire her courage, fortitude and determination.
I hope that she and her husband, Ivan Dinev, are very happy.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was in Portland; waiting to see her, on that awful day.
When she did not appear for practice, we knew that something was horribly wrong.

I miss her; and admire her courage, fortitude and determination.
I hope that she and Ivan are very happy.

i was on the metro when my best friend called me and it was on the local news. Skateaddict and I were chatting before that so when the shock registered on my face he was concerned.

when i got to my seat in the arena and blurted it to my friends there some of the event officials overheard and it was news to them as well. It was so surreal.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
such a beautiful layback (which, thanks to COP, we'll never see again).

I shall agree that her spins were the most beautiful in the world. Not to change the subject but these ugly spin positions today should not be counted for points. Classic spins that can be held a long time and flow with the music and the tempo would create good component scores. Any skater out there today could take lessons from Angela on how to do classic spins. The Pearl layback spin looks really painful.

pengdequan

Rinkside
I miss her so much.She is one of my favourite skaters 4ever!Her artistry.elegance,posture is so amazing to watch!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Add me to the list of admirers. I've always wondered what might have been, if she'd been able to get with Elena Tcherkasskaia (sp?) a few years earlier.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As much as I love "Uncle Dickie," (I appreciate his knowledge, insight, humor, enthusiam, etc.), I hope that he regrets his unfortunate comment about Angela being a "refrigerator break" by now.