Announcement published | Golden Skate

Announcement published

sorcerer

Final Flight
JSF has published the Announcement of the NHK Trophy, though yet only in Japanese as of today.
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/EVENT/1388_2.pdf

It has a schedule time table and also an info phone number for queries.

Friday, Oct. 22 JST
14:30~ Opening Ceremony
15:00~ Short Dance
17:05~ Pairs SP
19:05~ Ladies SP

Saturday, Oct. 23 JST
12:20~ Men SP
14:30~ Free Dance
16:35~ Pairs FS
18:00~ Medal Ceremony Ice Dance and Pairs
18:50~ Ladies FS
20:45~ Medal Ceremony Ladies

Sunday, Oct. 24 JST
12:00~ Men FS
14:00~ Medal Ceremony Men
16:00~ Exhibition (Gala)

The English version should be linked from here when uploaded (don't know when).
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
competitor lists are up:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007079.htm
Men

Entries

No. Name Nation
1 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 1
2 Jeremy TEN CAN 2
3 Jialiang WU CHN 3
4 Florent AMODIO FRA 4
5 Yuzuru HANYU JPN 5
6 Takahito MURA JPN 5
7 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 5
8 Denis TEN KAZ 6
9 Artem BORODULIN RUS 7
10 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 8
11 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 9
12 Ross MINER USA 9

Ladies

Entries

No. Name Nation
1 Diane SZMIETT CAN 1
2 Kiira KORPI FIN 2
3 Lena MARROCCO FRA 3
4 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 4
5 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 5
6 Mao ASADA JPN 6
7 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 6
8 1 TBA JPN 6
9 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 7
10 Rachael FLATT USA 8
11 Ashley WAGNER USA 8
12 Caroline ZHANG USA 8

Pairs

Entries

No. Name Nation
1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 1
2 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG CHN 1
3 Maylin HAUSCH / Daniel WENDE GER 2
4 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 3
5 1 TBA / 1 TBA JPN 4
6 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS 5
7 Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT USA 6
8 Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN USA 6

Ice Dance

Entries

No. Name Nation
1 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 1
2 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 2
3 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 3
4 1 TBA / 1 TBA JPN 4 *
5 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 5
6 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER RUS 5
7 Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUEV UKR 6 *
8 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 7
9 Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES USA 7
10 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 7

* If this slot isn't filled by Chris and Cathy Reed, I'll be very much surprised.

** I had heard this team had split up?

This will be a very interesting dance competition, with the excitement being how I/K match up against S/B and C/L, not to mention W/P and R/S, for a hint of what will happen at Russian championships. The Shibutanis announced their programs very early this year, and I expect them to be really ready for this competition. And the other question is, "Will D&W arrive at their first competition in their usual state of total readiness, or will they have slipped a bit, due to all those SOI shows they skated?"

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My guess is that they will get the TBA pairs slot. However, it may be because they are still skating on the JGP and there might be a conflict?

mayamae_55

Rinkside
Update on the Ladies' rooster:
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1994

Looks like the JSF gave up the 1 TBA slot.

Why on earth did they do that? There's a handfull of ladies in the Seniors craving for the chance: Nana, Shoko, Satsuki, Mari Suzuki, Mutsumi... Nana's currently out of shape but she scored 150's constantly in years 2007-2008, 2008-2009. Not meaning to critisize her but the chance ending up being given to an old girl like Jenna McCorkell instead of the younger Japanese ladies, is kind of sad.

Last edited:

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Update on the Ladies' rooster:
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1994

Looks like the JSF gave up the 1 TBA slot.

Why on earth did they do that? There's a handfull of ladies in the Seniors craving for the chance: Nana, Shoko, Satsuki, Mari Suzuki, Mutsumi... Nana's currently out of shape but she scored 150's constantly in years 2007-2008, 2008-2009. Not meaning to critisize her but the chance ending up being given to an old girl like Jenna McCorkell instead of the younger Japanese ladies, is kind of sad.

I can not understand why JSF gave up the TBA slot. Japanese ladies field is so deep, and there are many senior ladies who can not go to the international competitions.

Yes, Nana seems to be out of shape now, but still there are Satsuki, Shoko, Mari, Ayane....

feraina

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's really odd with the JSF. Wonder what happened there. But actually Japan is really not fielding that many senior ladies this year. USA has 16 spots, Japan has only 12. Considering how much better Japan did last year compared to USA, and none of Japan's top ladies retired, this just defies logic. Maybe we are witnessing early signs of the passing of the (current) golden age of skating in Japan. Murakami is the most promising junior, and she isn't quite the prodigy that Mao and Miki were at that stage in their careers.

And really?! Jenna McCorkell is still skating? I thought for sure she'd retire after the Olympics.

Wow, the American delegation is like a preview of National's, minus Mirai Nagasu. These three, along with Mirai, might well be the top four at Natioanal's. Rough for USA to have all three dueling it out in the same GP. With Mao Asada there, at least one of these US ladies will place no higher than 4th. Tough luck.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I though Rachael Flatt has retire and went to college. You also got Kostner and Murakami. Of the three U.S ladies Flatt and Wagner seem more likely to be on the podium. Kostner and Zhang are still a big question mark. Kanako is no better than these two with, flutzing and no loop. Will be interesting to see how the new scoring system affect the score given.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Kanako and Haruka get 2 slots by themselves and looking at the placement at national,some skaters behind of Fumie are assigned at JGPs. So I don't think JSF has very skaters to participate in International competition.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I though Rachael Flatt has retire and went to college. You also got Kostner and Murakami. Of the three U.S ladies Flatt and Wagner seem more likely to be on the podium. Kostner and Zhang are still a big question mark. Kanako is no better than these two with, flutzing and no loop. Will be interesting to see how the new scoring system affect the score given.

The 2010/2011 season will decide whether or not she continues-it seems as though if she does not make the worlds team she will retire-or since no one really retires- just stops competing.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It's shaping up to be a tough event for the ladies. Caroline and Rachael have 2 events together, so it's unlikely they will both make the Final.