information regarding US Nationals 2011 site | Golden Skate

information regarding US Nationals 2011 site

skatingdreamer

Spectator
This past week we were in North Carolina and went through Greensboro to check this out in anticipation of Nationals in January. We were really dissapointed with the site location. There are no restaurants or hotels within walking distance. It is in a very seedy part of town and no one would want to walk the mile or mile and a half to get to the Sheraton and other hotels and the few restaurants that are there. SO a bus pass is a MUST! the spectator hotel- The marriott at the airport is quite a bit away- down the freeway and there are few restaurants located there as well. So if you are there for practices you will have to eat what food is available at the coloseum. And as we well know oftentimes there is not any food available early in the week or early in the day. I hope they will allow food to be brought in, although I did not see any grocery stores in the area either. Very discouraging.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
interesting. thanks for the information.

Welcome to the boards, post often, post long!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Thanks for the information. I was thinking of going but since all my favorites (Evan, Tanith & Ben, Alissa, Ryan and Sasha) have either retired or don't seem to be going, I'm now leaning toward not going. Now that you've told us this (plus being a poor college student) I'm leaning toward not going. I still have time to decide.....

And like Toni said, welcome to GS!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wouldn't let the fact that your favorites aren't going keep you from the event. You get a glimpse of the future through nationals, for one, and two you discover some really great skaters that the TV networks decide to ignore to save on time because they aren't deemed the stars of the competition just because they lack funding or medals. If you can afford it at all, even just part of it, go. You will not be disappointed.