Shelepen: Riding the Wave | Golden Skate

Shelepen: Riding the Wave

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those who have been watching the development of skating in Russia have seen a wave of strong new girls in the making.

More

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Oh my god, Polina looks so grown up in this picture, so much taller than at the beginning of last season ...
10 centimeters in one winter is really much!

I really hope, that she improves her skating skills and that the 2 new programms fits her well and that she can interpretate them!

champs

Final Flight
Thanks for the article, Tatiana and gsk8.
Good to hear she and her coach Ms. Tutberidze are working on her stroking and skating skills in general, and also nice to know she likes algebra and does some arithmetic while skating in comps so that she won't pull a Nobu, though I hope it doesn't distract her too much from paying attention to choreographic/artistic details.

Knowing Polina liked Dai's hip hop Swan Lake and she had that electric Michael Jackson a la Marton last season, I wonder what kind of "modern version" of Swan Lake she will be skating to...it does not necessarily sound exciting.

I see the article is basically what came out of the interviews with Polina and Ms. Tutberidze and therefore no mention of Nikolai Morozov or Igor Pashkevich, I wish the article had some info about the present and the future involvement of these two coaches if there is or there will be. It says Igor Lytikov choreographed her new Swanlake SP, and I recall he and Pashkevich were often together at the competitions Polina was attending last season and that they have coached together in Estonia last summer and this summer.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's really something that they credit COP with the girls learning triple triple combos-it is just strange to me that COP would lead to technical advancement in ladies but cause the reverse in mens.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I sort of feel like Polina will become too tall for this sport and struggle with consistency in seniors. I've heard she is around 5'4-5'5 now and she is still growing, her legs are so long, if she ends up 5'6 or 5'7 which looks likely at this point she could end up as the next Kostner or Phanuef